Chapter Eleven

We finally came to my apartment and I was met with my cat and dog, I instantly swept them into my arms and sat on the couch. Waiting for Blake to demand what the hell is going on here. I stared into the white wall that was in front of me; scared to even look at my destined mate.

"Lilian, what the hell is going on here? And who's scent are you wearing?" Blake stared at me, I tense slightly when I heard his voice. I saw him from the corner of my eye sitting down next to me.

"it's complicated; but short story my brother, Arlo Winchester, thinks I killed his mate and I've been on the run since college since he "gave" me a chance to get a career. And he found me again because he wants to kill the person who I am destined to be." I replied not looking at him, I wasn't sure if he wanted more details.

"Okay, but that doesn't explain the Vampire who has been looking for you; nor the scent I smelled on you earlier." He growled out the last part, I assume he knew it was a males scent or he wouldn't keep pestering me about it.

"Isaak, he killed Emma, Arlo's mate, and he blamed me for it. Well he disappeared and I was the one that was there at the time. And we weren't allowed to leave the house, but I wanted to paint so I begged Emma to let me out." I laid back a bit, and Blake grabbed my hand to comfort me but I quickly snatched it back. "The scent you smelled on me, it was uhm.. "

I didn't want to say it, so I stayed quiet. I fiddled with my fingers as I thought of what Gabriel told me "let's meet tomorrow".

"Who was it?" asked Blake, his eyes glowing. His whole demeanor changing, I never saw him like this.

"It was my boyfriend, well secret boyfriend from a long time ago." I whispered, he growled loud; I knew werewolves didn't like when their mates had previous males in their life's. Which is dumb by the way.

"You say boyfriend as if you still are a couple." He didn't ask but stated, I gulped a bit.

" We never really broke up." I stood up and walked to the window of the apartment and looked outside, wishing I was a bird who can fly away from my problems.

"Never broke up? And yet we are mates and you never thought to tell me? !" he exclaimed while getting up and grabbing my shoulders and turning me around.

"It never came up! I never expected to ever have a mate! AND I didn't even WANT ONE EITHER!" I shouted, I saw his whole face fall and hurt crossed it and then he went poker face.

"Then you just played me this whole time?" he asked coldly, he stepped away from me. "When were you ever going to tell me, you felt that way?"

"Don't play as if you didn't know. Why do you think I was so hesitant at first, and then I wanted to try, but I always held feelings for someone else. I was going to see how our picnic came out and then tell you what I really felt." I responded, staring at him. I was pouring out my feelings, I also knew he was hurt but he needed to hear what I had to say.

"Lilian Winchester, I hope you rot in hell, and I hope your brother kills you. You are a fucking bitch, and if you ever come to the company, I will rip you to shreds." He growled out, he walked to the door and looked back at me with disgust and when he walked out and slammed the door I collapsed and cried.

.

.

.

I kept replaying our conversation, it still hurt but it was also the truth. I also knew some things needed to be said so he wouldn't get involved anymore. I was glad he didn't fight for me.

Ring ring! My phone sounded out, I looked at it and saw an unknown number. I frowned, "hello?"

"Lilian, what are you up to?" Gabriel asked, I stared at my phone in shock at how he was calling me.

"Home, obviously "I answered swallowing my tears. "And yourself?"

"Outside your apartment" he said while he knocked on the door, " if you could open the door it would be amazing"

I quickly stood up and opened the door to see Gabriel there with a smile on his face; his face dropped when he noticed that I had been crying. "what's wrong" he guided me inside and closed the door. I told him everything that happened.

"So, you love him." Gabriel asked as he sat next to me at the couch, his green eyes staring into my own eyes.

I stared back, "No"

"Are you sure?" he tilted his head a bit, he was curious.

"I am." I responded, not giving it another thought.

"Then why are you crying?" he asked as he continued to stare at me and held my hands with his own.

"Because, I did lead him on. I never thought I would see you again. And I regret causing him pain." I responded without my voice wavering; it was true. I didn't love Blake; he was my mate, but Gabriel was my soulmate; someone who I felt would be with me forever and eternity.

Gabriel nodded and pulled me in a hug, I placed my face into the crook of his neck and smelled his masculine scent. I had missed this for all eternity.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will edit this well, XxLastOfMyKindxX

she edits my book; i just need to implement the changes. She is amazing !