Chapter Forty Three~The Battle Of Helms Deep

They run out to                          the battlements. The guards look down in wonderment.

An army of Lothlórien Elves march up                          the Causeway into the Hornburg. They                          are led by Haldir. The Rohirrim soldiers                          look upon them in wonderment and delight                          as they pass. "How is this possible?" ask Théoden "I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell.                          An alliance once existed between Elves                          and men. Long ago we fought and died                          together." says Haldir. He looks up to see Aragorn, Ash, Legolas and Gimli running down the steps,                          and smiles "We come to honor that allegiance." he finishes.

"Welcome,                          Haldir." says Aragorn. He grabs Haldir in a huge embrace.                          Initially stunned, Haldir hugs him back                          lightly. Legolas and Haldir clasp each other                          on the shoulder. "We are proud to                          fight alongside men, once more." says Haldir to Théoden.

********************************************************

Everyone starts getting into places "Ash." says Aragorn she nods and turns back to Gimli and Legolas "I wish you both the best of luck." she says, Gimli nods and walks to his post. Legolas takes a step forward "When this is all over, I need you to do something." he says.

Ash smiles "You figured out what you want from me and you tell me now, great timing. What?" she ask. "I want you to finish the story."

"Huh sure thing." she says.

********************************************************

Men and Elves are in their positions                          on the battlements of Helm's Deep. The                          sounds of a marching army move closer                          and closer. The women and children in                          the caves hear the sounds overhead and                          are frightened. Mothers draw their children                          close and try to sooth crying babies.                          The men and Elves look out into the                          darkness, lit by the thousands of torches                          carried by the huge advancing Uruk-hai                          army and the light bouncing off their                          armour. With a row of Elf archers, Gimli                          is standing beside Legolas behind a                          wall, only the top of his helmet visible.

"You could have picked a better                          spot." says Gimli, Legolas smirks. Aragorn and Ash approach and standing beside them "Whatever luck you live by,                          let's hope it lasts the night." says Legolas. Thunder sounds and lightning flashes,                          revealing the sea of approaching Uruk-hai. "Your friends are with you, Aragorn." says Ash "Let's hope they last the night." says Gimli.

The marching and thumping grows louder                          and louder. Lightning flashes and it                          begins to rain. While the Uruk-hai army                          continues to march at the fortress,                          an Uruk-hai leader steps on a rock outcrop. Aragorn is giving commands to the Elf                          warriors. "Show them no                          mercy! For you shall receive none!" he shouts.