Chapter Forty~Childish Fight

A white flower, held up by a hand. It is released and spirals down to land among similar flowers, in front of a tomb. "Simbelmynë. Ever has it grown on the tombs of my forebearers. Now it shall cover the grave of my son. Alas, that these evil days should be                          mine. The young perish and the old linger. That I should live to see the last days of my house." says Théoden.

"Théodred's death was not of your making." says Gandalf "No parent should have to bury their                          child." Théoden starts to weep "He was strong in life. His spirit will find its way to the halls of your fathers.                          Westu hál. Ferðu, Théodred, Ferðu." says Gandalf he turns to go back to the hall and leaves Théoden to grieve in private.

Ash looks down at the flower she dropped onto the tomb, she looks over to see Théoden "To lose one son, the next king?" she ask, he walks over and nods "He would have been a greater king, greater then me." says Théoden. Ash smiles and looks to the tomb "I once knew someone like that." she states.

"What happened to them?" ask Théoden, Ash looks down sadly "He died in battle for his people, for everyone, for me........You loved your son, what is love to you?" ask Ash, Théoden looks at her "Have you lost family?" he ask.

Ash nods "Yeah, one day it'll come back to bite you, theses wings are definitely my bite." she says. "You are a Dragon-Born, your mother a dragon your father man, dead." states Théoden.

"Like the rest of my people, my kingdom, burned to the ground by my uncle."

"How did your mother and father die?"

Ash had never thought about it before, she didn't know how her parents died "I....I don't know." she says. "Do you want to know?" Théoden ask. Ash nods "Yes."

"That's what love is to me, to know what happened to never rest until I find the answer. To sacrifice time to those you are closest to."

They hear a neigh and spot two children on horseback. The boy collapses and falls off the                          horse. "Oh no." says Ash.
********************************************
Later, inside the Golden Hall, the two children are eating at a table, and Éowyn is with them. "They had no warning. They were unarmed. Now the wildmen are moving through the Westfold, burning as they go. Rick, cot and tree. I knew something was wrong on my fly by, you just come across an empty village." says Ash.

"This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash. All the more potent for he is driven now by fear of Sauron. Ride out and meet him head on. Draw him away from your women and children." says Gandalf, Théoden looks at his hand warily. "You must fight." says Ash.

"You have two thousand good men riding north as we speak. Éomer is loyal to you. His men will return and fight for their king." says Aragorn "They will be three hundred leagues from here by now. Éomer cannot help us. I know what it is that you want of me. But I will not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war." says Théoden. Gimli takes a bite of his bread as he watches the exchange between Aragorn, Ash, and Théoden.

"Open war is upon you. Whether you would                          risk it or not." says Ash. "When last I looked, Théoden, not Aragorn or Ash, was king of Rohan." says Théoden, Gimli takes a drink and burps. "Really?" ask Ash. "Then what is the king's decision?" ask Gandalf.
**********************************************
"By order of the king, the city must empty. We make for the refuge of Helm's Deep. Do not burden yourselves with treasures. Take only what provisions                          you need." shouts a gaurd to the people.

People are moving about, gathering their belongings and preparing to move. Gandalf, Aragorn, Ash, Legolas, and Gimli walk towards the stables. "Helm's Deep! They flee to the mountains  when they should stand and fight. Who will defend them if not their king." says Gimli. "He's only doing what he thinks is best for his people. Helm's Deep has saved them in the past." says Aragorn.

They enter the stables "There is no way out of that ravine. Théoden is walking into a trap. He thinks                          he's leading them to safety. What they will get is a massacre. Théoden has a strong will but I fear for him. I fear for the survival of Rohan. He will need you before the end, Aragorn, Ash. The people of Rohan will need you. The defenses have to hold." says Gandalf.

"It would be The Battle Of The Five Armies all over again." says Ash. "They will hold." says Aragorn, Gandalf turns to Shadowfax and strokes him "The Grey Pilgrim... that's what they used to call me. Three hundred lives of men I've walked this earth and now I have no time. With luck, my search                          will not be in vain. Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East." Aragorn opens the stall gates.

Legolas jumps back as Gandalf rides out of the stable and over the plains of Rohan. "Gandalf." starts Ash, "Well we should help." says Gimli. "Lets." says Aragorn. They all start going there separate directions "Ash." says Legolas, she turns around "Yes?"

"Um you I never gave this back to you." he says holding out the doll, Ash smiles "You brought the look alike doll all this way?" she ask "Well it was yours." says Legolas, Ash doesn't take it "Keep it if, it reminds you of me....your gonna wanna keep that if anything were to go wrong." Legolas loses his smile "What do you mean go wrong?" he ask.

"It's just if anything were to happen to me-"

"What would happen to you?"

Ash grits her teeth "Do we have to fight about everything?" she ask. "I don't know what are you not telling me?"

Ash looks shocked "You think I'm keeping something from you?!" she ask.

Legolas holds his hands out in shock "Yes! All you want to do is get away from the group. Your lights dimmer, your wings don't ever appear unless there's danger." he says walking up to her face to face.

"I'm worried about you."

Ash didn't want to say anything, the conversation she had with Saruman was her's and her's alone "You want to be reassured?"

"Yes."

"Okay then......you know I would trade my life for yours. I'd take the sword for you take the arrow.......If you want me to say it I will, I'd die for you."

"I don't want you to die for me."

"Then what do you want!"

The two stare at each other silently taking in trying to figure out why every time they seem closest to each other something gets in the way.

"What do you want from me?"

Legolas opens his mouth to speak but no words form. The people of Rohan are moving out                          of Edoras towards Helm's Deep, with                          Théoden leading the way. Ash looks back to Legolas "Tell me anytime you want, but right now there are people who need me." she says walking away to help other with there things.

Legolas looks down at the doll in his hands putting it in his bag, Gimli walk over "You are trying way to hard." he says. "No I'm not, it's just talking." says Legolas "Sure it is....You have the look."

"The look?"

"Are we talking about the look?" ask Aragorn.

"What look I don't have a look." says Legolas.

Aragorn and Gimli look to each other and then him "Sure you don't." they say.