DB18

Solid wooden double doors blocked her path onward. Siana studied them for a second before her hands pushed against each one. They brushed a heavy scent of over powered males, each one bearing his own mark of reputation within the manor.

Males sat at one round table, its rim covered in highly detailed silver carvings. Each chair fashioned the same, giving its occupant a higher calling. They stared at her, some eyes already thinned in disapproval to her being within the room private to females. Spotting Abraham, Sian walked right to him, eyes only fixated upon him and no other.

Rising as she neared Abraham scowled at her, a warning if nothing else. Siana ignored his warnings, instead walking as though she had a point. Which she very well did. Having wanted to do this the moment she’d heard of the Wall, Siana could almost taste her freedom.

Known to the men as Lavoro, a given assignment given once they had returned from training. Only given to males, and only those worthy enough of finishing the Lavoro were allowed to receive more once completing the first. To Siana this seemed to be perfect for her, only problem was her lack of masculinity.

“Your not to be in here” He grabbed Siana by the forearm ready to tug her out, but her feet held firm as did eyes to his.

“I have the right to be here. I’ve bested all in my ranking, and even those higher.” She gave Abrahams arm a pull back as he was forced to release her. They faced off while men about the room rose to full heights.

“You know you cannot be given a Lavoro, females are…” Siana gave a low growl, if he dare finish that sentence she’d prove him once more wrong.

“I have proven in all ways I can handle myself.” There was no need for her to further argue with the facts, and they knew this. Sighing Abraham looked over at a few other males, they scowled dropping back into their seats.

The wall wasn’t actually a wall of Lavoro’s, but a memorial to those who had made it into ranks. It was a keeper of those who past, those who lived and those not to be forgotten. Siana got her first look at it when Abraham stepped to the side to speak to Griffin. Her eyes flowed over each name, which seemingly was hand carved in silver. Each name had been written in a language she had just recently learned to speak, still a bit rough to write. Read was a different story.

She didn’t dare touch, though she very much wanted to. They were perfect in every way, as if a god had written them himself.

“War will not…” Griffen growled only to have Siana spin her head towards his eyes, catching him off guard she growled back.

“What return sooner...good let him then” The room fell silent, all knowing what was implied. Ever since War had once again departed, Siana had become ill from what the whispers were stirring. Her temper had flared giving even dominate males a fight for their snarling.

On a few occasions she’d gotten into a brawl with one or more males over something as petty as a comment. They had taken note to not push her, even Margaret had taken notice to her rapid change in behavior. Each pill she took Siana swore it was working less and less. She could feel it working, but the effects didn’t seem to last as long, nor did it curve her temper.

One male stood his eyes lighter than that of the others. Siana had seen him before, but her memory was failing her at the moment.

“Give her a Lavoro, well see how she does with one” Men around him grunted in disapproval but didn’t speak against it. Handing her a scroll Abraham gave Siana a warning look before walking away. Her eyes lowered to the old parchment used for this Lavoro. Sealed in a blood red wax holding that of crossing blades, Siana turned around not wanting to open it in front of them.

Each Lavoro was different, holding a task as simple as helping rid thieves to the more intense as killing off a king. She’d not know the contents till she broke the seal. Even if they wanted to set her up for lesser Lavoro’s they wouldn’t of been able to. Since each one was sealed exactly the same, and any creases or markings were to be removed and the parchment rewritten till it was identical to others before it.

Sitting outside on one of the many fallen trees from the last har storm, Siana cut the seal with  small silver knife. Her fingers shook with worry as they pulled back the edges of the top part before dragging it downward to view its contents. Eyes scanned quickly over the impeccable hand writing before she squealed delightfully.

It wasn’t the most hardening of Lavoro’s but it wasn’t a simpletons task either. She’d get recognition for this, if she could complete it without faults. For others before her this was just a mere stepping stone, but for Siana this was a very big part of her gaining what she needed to advance. Having kept the same goal, while tweaking it just a tad she ensured her success.

((v.v I know its short, I'm sorry I'll make the next one longer...had a not so unlife threatening week...>.> yea I said life threatening...-coughs- drunk ppl suck. Anyways. I'll have more up soon thank you for still reading :3)