DB32

Siana awoke to a high pitch screeching sound, that nearly toppled her form the rickety bed she lay upon. It was absolutely the worst sounds besides a barn owls, she had ever had to bear witness to. She covered her still adjusting ears, hoping to relieve them of whatever painful promise came her way.

Just when Siana released her ears to hear nothing but silence, it would start again. Barking orders and causing many links within Siana’s head to begin more buzzing. She growled frustrated already with having little sleep. This was started to needle on her more so than that

horrible bed. With only a few items to hook around her body, Siana was out the door nearly toppling over a smaller female who looked paler than snow falling.

She bowed her head quickly scurrying off from Siana’s gaze. The mere action took Siana back to when she also was that girl. She frowned not liking those old memories and headed for the kitchen in hops of grabbing something before her test would begin.

“Why are there no rolls? Where are the rolls to be had. Margaret what do you even do around here?” The questions poured from a high pitched hiss from within Margaret’s kitchen. Cringing to its ringing through her ears, Siana pushed the door open more catching a glimpse at the female hooter who didn’t even bother to look at her. Margarette turned ever so slightly to nod in Siana’s direction, acknowledging her existence as she couldn’t do much more with the woman still barking orders and waving her hands like some spoiled child.

It was bad enough that Margarette had to feed nearly fifty heads, she didn’t need to be barked at like this, and Siana was starting to feel something protective over the woman. With a low rumble followed shortly after a sucking of Siana’s front teeth, that screeching woman finally closed lips and turned to see who was behind her.

They locked eyes, both darkening far quicker than both seemed to expect.

Siana took in the woman’s appearance. Dressed finer than most, hair had been pulled up and tightly woven to a bun at her top. Fingernails clearer than some plates she’d eaten off of, but what really got Siana was the jewels she wore. The gold sparkled along with its ruby cousins, as if she’d sold her soul to look prettier for this blessed visit.

It wasn’t that she was unattractive, she was quite stunning. But Siana made a note that if men were into woman who looked as though they’d taken far to many hits to the face with the hilt of a sword, well than Siana was worse off than she was now. Pointed nose with dark inset eyes, high cheek bones promised she’d never smile normally...or pleasing to anyone elses eyes.

There was soft movement behind the woman, as Margarette handed Siana a sweet roll filled with jam. A favorite of Siana’s ever since she’d stolen one on a colder night. Ever since then Margarette made sure to have a few set aside for Siana’s cravings late into the hours.

She took the roll with a slight smile of thanks, before turning back toward the woman. Siana took a generous bite not caring how her table manners looked, she wasn’t into looking feminine, unlike other woman her age Siana was a warrior. Not a princess.

“Who are you? What is this your wearing? Why aren’t you answering me?” She waved a perfectly slim finger over Siana’s body, as if it were her weapon of choice. Siana took another bite of her roll, tasting the still warm flesh of its insides. Her lips licked cherry red jam from each corner of her mouth before answering.