DB11

Grinning a little more than he should have War gave Griffin a chuckle, it was interesting to see such a man bested by one who had almost no experience in the field. To say Griffin was appalled by what had happened would of been an understatement, he was livid.

“I’m off to hunt” He grumbled brushing off leftover dirt before walking away from the small group and War.

Giving a slight nod War returned to his conversation with a few men whom wanted to seek out knowledge of what was and where he’d been.

With only a short while passing War grew more involved in his conversation to realize Margaret had been headed his way, her dress lifted by two handfuls.

“War!” She gave a slight nod to the group turning her eyes upon his. War’s brow lifted, an uncommon thing for her to be so snippy with him. At least in front of others.

“Margaret?” She looked concerned and ready to snarl.

“What has become of Griffin?” War sighed. He should of known she’d of heard about the match, nothing got by that woman.

“It’s nothing Margaret…” She hardened her glare.

“If its nothing then why did he storm past my kitchen in a rage so dark even the shadows hid in fear.” Those tight fingers on her dress began to shake as though she knew something he didn’t and it was just dying to burst forward. War thought for a moment, his mind picking through before settling on what Griffin had said.

“He did not go for a hunt?” A bit of confusion settling in. Margaret sucked in a unsteady breath.

“Oh he’s hunting alright.” She passed him a look and the instance War placed her words together his chest rumbled dangerously. Her implying Griffin would seek out Siana was absurd, yet not so unrealistic.

“Excuse me” Without another word to his men War’s feet crossed the yard without a second to spare, if she was wrong he’d of just wasted a bit of time. However if she was right, he shook his head.

It was all she could do to keep the vile taste from passing her lips once more, her stomach refused to settle and with every thought of what she had done more turning of fluids rocked her body. Shaking like a leaf Siana’s mouth salivated as if she were to receive a feast fit for a king, spitting out any extra she caught her bottom lip cutting it.

Crinding her feet pushed her upright to look into a small mirror, there she placed a few fingers on her lip which bubbled a bead of blood. Posing a slight smile her index finger poked at one of the two slightly pointed canines that were now growing on their own. Cupping her mouth shut with both hands as to keep anyone from seeing Siana shook her head.

What was she, what was happening and why was her body suddenly feeling like it should be dipped into the icy rivers at the bottom of mountains. A noise from the main room lead her thoughts to journey back to what War had said. He’d be annoyed if kept waiting. Without having must to giver her the appearance of being clean, Siana walked out the door and froze.

Everything in her body screamed to run, flee as fast as possible. But her feet had remained solid to the wooden floors. she knew this would happen, that he’d be displeased with her. Something of a whimper started to pursue through her new teeth, but her lips just pressed harder shutting it down.

The danger behind his darkening eyes told her everything, she’d never make it to that main door. Not in a million summers. He’d grab her before her foot even lifted from its perch. A window off to her left seemed to be her only fighting chance, but if she failed the consequences would be that much dire. A risk she had to take.

It felt like a moment, one in which she saw everything as if it were passing her by slowly. She moved towards her saviour and he lunged, a speed he didn’t seem to contain while they were sparring. Feeling the cold wind on her cheek as one foot pressed against the ledge of the ceil Siana closed her eyes ready to jump, her moment of bliss only seconds to slow.

Heat from his fingers gripped the back of her shirt, flinging her across the room. Breaking her flight was nothing more than a chest, it skidded a bit across the floor before coming to a stand still. One arm draped over it was keeping her from falling face first, he moved only a few steps and was already on top of her.

Again his fingers gripped the fabric of her shirt, this time her front pinning her at eye level to the wall. Even though he hadn’t said anything, she could see the hate he held. Tears of what would become of her stung back of eyelids, she didn’t want to see, hear or know what he would do.

“You!” He gave off a snarl pressing the heat from his breath against her face.

“You think it wise to pull such low trickery while fighting a warrior like myself.” Siana felt his lips move closer to her ear, it made her muscle constricted.

“Since you refuse to ever speak, I shall rid you of your tongue. No sense in letting it go to waste” Her heart beat became twisted, fear pulsed throughout Siana’s blood. Choosing not to speak was her way of keeping to shadows, having that choice removed was more frightening than all the pain she’d endured.

A blade slipped from his leather cuff, its silvery blade shimmered off the sunlight leaking in through that same window which could have saved her. Clamping her mouth shut, she hoped to buy herself sometime. Dragging razor sharp tip over her bottom lip, Siana couldn’t stop it from quivering.

“Either you open your mouth, or I shall cut my way in.” He sneered, breath so hot it could be cooked off of. More than one reason piled up as to why she was refusing to give in. Mostly it was sheer stubbornness, others such as fright of having anyone see what was now forming within her mouth was another large part.

He snarled sending her toes curling, what felt like a pulse to obey washed over Siana’s body. It hung on her shoulders like wet clothes, but only for mere seconds as something else seemingly pushed it off. She’d felt it before, that random urge of power swirling around her only to vanish within mere seconds. It was unexplainable while being annoying.

Pressing blade to cheek she felt it puncture skin, the metallic smell of her blood filled the room. Pain sheared its evil head giving way to her soft whine, as quickly as it came it vanished. Her body dropped to the floor with a crash against the chest. Opening her eyes Siana blinked to the roar of male power that had Griffin by the throat.

Her eyes ran over a taught backside, catching Griffins wide white eyes as War held him as Griffin once held her. Both hands wrapped around War’s wrist trying to pry himself free, only to come up short.