DB5

Inside were around ten other children, both male and female. At first they just stared, blinking widened eyes. When Siana didn’t say anything, their whispers began. Each one sitting on a bed, some two to a bed as empty beds held items belonging to someone.

Siana looked for an empty bed, her eyes scanned slowly as to not draw too much attention to herself. The growl from a tall male caused her to tighten tiny fingers on her gown. He moved swiftly, like he was stalking prey.

“Don’t even think of it mongrel.” Eyes so dark she swore she could see her reflection. Just as dark hair feathered about his head, his clothing seemed tougher, like it had been upgraded for a purpose. Siana kept quiet, she’d never played with others her age. Her mother and a few maids were her company, they played whatever she wanted.

It didn’t seem like these children wanted anything to do with her, let alone play a game.

He never let her get a word out, not even a gasp was heard.

“Dogs sleep on the floor, remember that and we wont have a problem” He snorted at her, making her body react in a flinch. A few snickers could be heard from some of the females, others just glared at her. Turning his back on her, he led a group out of the room as the last slammed the door.

No blankets, no comfort..nothing.

Taking up a far corner Siana felt as though she would weep. Pulling her knees to her chest, she rested her eyes on them. Where was the nice lady, or the man who she could still smell all over herself. Why weren’t they telling those children to be kinder to her, she just didn’t understand any of this.

She didn’t have too long to dwell when the door reopened sending a gust of wind with it. He was massive. To the point of leaving very few gaps between him and the doorway. His eyes did a fast in take of them room before landing on her, they froze allowing his nostrils to widen with a deep breath.

“You there! Get outside, no one sits around while others train.” Siana didn’t have a clue to what he was talking about, but the look on his face said she shouldn’t of been sitting on the floor looking as though she was about to cry.

She jumped to her feet.

Huffing he moved out of the doorway and waited for her to come out. Creeping past him she gently raised an eye to see what he looked like. She wished she hadn’t. Scowling down he snapped his arm outward pointing down the hall.

Training as he called it was anything but. It was brutal, paired with another child and expected to fight them. To Siana it looked a lot like all out warfare, similar to what her father would discuss with his men. She was paired with a fragile looking girl, one maybe half her age.

To start off with they were given smoothed out sticks, a replica of a staff almost yet not. The man whom yelled to her in the room was referred to as Gabriel, or Gab as some of the other men liked to shorten things. A name spoken the most was War, but never a full visions was mentioned.

Only that he had instrusted her to train alongside the others, and to be given a chore as part of her upkeep. She wasn’t ready for all this, too much was being thrown at her before she was even given a chance to understand the first thing.

She wasn’t paying attention when her trainer, who if she recalled correctly was Atticus gave the signal to begin. That fragile little girl roared while she swung her stick at Siana, it caught her across the face. Stinging worse than any bee sting, Siana fell to the dusty ground. Pointing her stick at Siana she grinned evilly. Having never fought a day in her life, Siana was unsure what the right thing to do was here. Adults did nothing, no scolding or say you're sorry to her was offered. Rubbing her jaw Siana looked down at her hand, a light smear of red stained her pale skin.

Hoping someone had noticed she was bleeding she looked up, only to find the waiting eyes of her trainer. His arms were still folded, eyes hard as stones. Nothing. Slowly Siana put the pieces together, if she was going to make it, if she was going to survive even another miserable day here. She’d have to fight. Fight for everything.

Pain shot from everywhere. Trying her best not look limp Siana slowly made her way to the stables, where her chores were to begin. Nothing about this place was forgiving. She entered the stables, horses snorted to her presents but continued to eat their hay.

So many. To many stalls, she thought holding a pitchfork in hand. One by one she managed to clean them all, till her bones were even crying out. Besides the pain consuming her entire body, her heart was crying out. Alone without a single soul to comfort her. No mother to kiss her, nor a father to hold her. Siana’s lip trembled, and for just a moment she allowed a single tear to streak across her battered face before swiping it away.

These people. No things would take advantage of a tear. She couldn’t afford that, couldn’t allow them to see her weak.

She was going to get out of here, one way or another. She just needed to get stronger, it would be her saving grace.

Placing the fork against a wall her ears picked up the sound of running water. She knew she smelled, but that wasn’t the reason she wanted to bathe. In hopes of relieving some of her pain, Siana shuffled towards the stream. It was already growing darker out, she’d missed practically every meal, and wouldn’t see another till tomorrows day.

Somehow a meal wasn’t on her mind. Stripping dirty clothes she walked into the water, buckling her eyes shut, she continued to walk in till her face was above water. Feet barely able to touch the bottom, making the sands feel like the horizon. Slowly drifting down stream, with little wave after wave caressing her sore body.

A meloncollie of emotions flooded her mind, stuck between leaving and staying Siana sucked in a breath. Plummeting her head till not a single strand was left untouched by the icy water. Screaming till her heart was content, she felt the air bubbles fly past her cheeks. Muffled by rushing water her cries went unheard. Just how she wanted.

For had someone heard her, they’d of thought she was being murdered. Rising so her neck took on full force of the current Siana stared with broken eyes. Allowing water droplets to fall meaninglessly back to once they came from. They aimed to break her, watch as she crumbled before their feet. Teased, tormented and given practically nothing to live off of, they were doing a impeccable job. But they didn’t count on her rebelling, she’d take their abuse.