DB 43

It wasn’t a matter of how she left, but when. Being War had been the one to solely tell her not to leave his sight, he’d purposely go off out of sight so Siana would in fact do as she pleased.Telling her of his plan had crossed War’s mind, however being that so many ears lay about he’d not risk being overheard.

True be told, Siana was being watched, targeted. And War wanted the seeker to feel as though he’d been undetected, giving an almost safe feeling to his brain. Siana was predictable in her ways, which made manipulating her that much easier. War would never admit his intentions lay in good intent, she’d not believe him anyways.

His conversation with Raylen wasn’t of great importance,and moments after catching Siana’s fleeting figure; he too walked off vanishing amongst the thick trees. Down wind from any and all who could smell him, War waited with patients of a saint. Already knowing which river Siana preferred was also something he’d never share with her. As he’d followed her rather often in hopes of catching her body, now more than ever he didn’t just crave her metallic taste, but rather the whole of her moonlight kissed body on his own.

With great strides, Siana hurried to bath. She didn’t trust War not to be watching her closely, he had a way of doing that more so than not. Even if he caught her, she’d hope it would be after she’d felt the refreshing icy chill of spring bubbles running over her sore skin. Another leap over fallen timbers and Siana slowed her pace. Everything was, so quiet. Normally birds would be calling to one another, while small critters scurried about in hopes of stumbling across food.

Slow steady movements gave Siana time to study each new view presented to her. Being watched wasn’t something anyone could shake off, hairs on the back of her neck rose to greater heights. Every blood pumping cells shot around like some fire light arrow against a night sky. She remembered the black beast within a darkened forest, and a shudder passed over her body. Whatever may linger ahead, Siana hoped for something less vile than that.

A whistle of sorts halted her movements, ears perked to the new sound that broke a earth shattering silence. Siana snarled when she understood the sound, only moments too late as the bola’s chains slammed her body against rough bark. Three heavy steel balls looped around both each other and Siana’s neck. A weapon mainly for hunting, proved to be useful in capturing live prey.

Fingers pried at chains, begging for more breathing room. A short lived effort, cracking restraints pulled her wrists away from her body, leaving for a rather exposed chest to the shadowing figure headed from out of nowhere.

“Such a delightful woman” His hissed words bore havoc against Siana’s sensitive hearing. Every step clarified who and what he was, a species Siana had only read about now became true facts within her own mind. Known solely as a Naga, the species was mainly revered as assassins, or skinless thieves. No real honor ever was spoken about them, nor did anyone really care to speak about them. The book which held small pieces of information on what they were, and could do, was nothing of real use to Siana now.

Each darkened earthy scale moved over another scale, bringing his uprighted body closer to her own. Eerie yellow tinted eyes wrapped around black vertical slits, while his more pronounced white under belly shimmered with any rays of fading light that dare breath through evergreens.

“You cowardly bastard, release me!” Siana thrashed making her restrains more ravianish against flesh. His pointed grin flickered a black tip tongue, forking at each end.