DB9

(Picture of Griffin)

They stood in utter silence, the only noise stirring at their feet were rustling of leaves. Watching each other seemed to be almost, mesmerizing as they both seemed unsure as to whom should speak first. Coming to the conclusion she wasn’t going to be the first War paced slowly around her, he took notice how her head moved ever so slowly with each step he took.

Every move he made caused her blood temperature to rise. Stalking her like prey Siana could feel the snarl that pulsed deep within her throat. Not liking how he was coming off towards her, she kept her shoulders squared gripping the spear tighter. If he aimed to attack she’d do her damndest to ward him off.

“Your skill is good, but you lack some” He said breaking the silence of leaves. Siana shifted her weight to the toes of her feet, moving in a perfect motion to his movements.

Waiting for her to say something, anything. Seemed to be his curse. She didn’t betray the same as others before her, infact she was puzzling him with every breath she hushed. He tried again, hoping to get a word or perhaps a sentence from her lips.

“Why have you stop showing for training?” Stopping a few feet from her, War gave her a few seconds to find the words she wished to give. Nothing came, all that she gave was a shrug. Scowling he moved quickly to stand right in her face, expecting her to take a step back, maybe even attack War braced for her anything.

Heavy sounds of her heart beat caught her breath silencing her even more. He was to close, to big, to dangerous. Everything in Siana’s body screamed to flee, move away as fast as possible. The man known as War was not to be taken likely, he was his only enemy and everyone knew this.

Able to kill a fleet without the aid of his men, they told stories of his past victories. On rare occasions Siana had hidden herself to hear such tales, wanting to know more of the man everyone both feared and revered.

His face lowered to her’s causing a heat wave to slide from Siana’s toes to her nose. The smell of what he ate brushed against her lips, making her salivate to the point she needed to swallow.

“You will not speak, will you” Staring at him Siana made a point to hold her ground, never breaking her eyes contact but wanting to so bad. Something in him was pushing against something against her, it made her want to look down or anywhere but into his dark molten eyes.

Snorting his displeasure War moved away from her. It would seem Margaret was correct, she’d concealed herself from others on purpose. Knowing this wouldn’t do War was going to try to snap her from her tightly knitted shell. Many risks were to follow if it went wrong, but for him risks were part of the calling.

“Come!” Watching him spin on heels away, Siana raised a brow. Puzzled beyond belief she did as she was told, dropping the spear close to a tree and allowing the wind to cover it on its own time. Keeping an even pace with his Siana watching the back of a powerful man move, each muscle worked with its counter part. Arms at his side she noticed they kept slightly closed. Wondering if it was just a reaction, or maybe a skill he talked of.

Coming closer to the manor Siana became uneasy with the nearness of the dark stone building. It seemed to be her tome, a darkness creeped into her soul every time she had to enter it. War walked around the back coming up on a group of men sparring off. Their weapons not the childs play she had once had to use.

They saw him, but not her. Thankfully.

Not really hiding, but more just keeping out of view Siana fidgeted behind War’s back. He seemed to be looking for something, or someone. When he found what he seeked Siana nearly fell backwards.

His back had been to them but upon War’s calling the large brute of a man spun around with more grace than he should have contained. Known as Griffin, he was well referred as a warrior. Keeping a long sword on his hip no matter where he went. Its bird like hilt his calling card, not that his size, and defining appearance wasn’t enough to ward off any fool.

Siana had gotten a privilege in running into him one morning when she hadn’t been completely awake. He didn’t allow anyone to touch him, her backside from when he drop kicked her was something she wouldn’t soon forget.

Most if not all the males bared dark hair along with matching features, a common trait that seemed to pass along through breeding. Even their eyes were that of a cold winters breeze.

“Griffin, interested in a spar?” There was a slight grin upon War’s lips, an expression Siana wasn’t positive she liked.

“Aye, for you of course” He seemed to almost double over to retrieve his sword from sheath.

“Good, Siana grab yourself a weapon” Catching the squeak that was about to grace all within hearing, Siana blinked at him. Her first thought was he had lost his mind, before turning that into a form of punishment for not training with the others.

Seemed she wasn’t the only one who thought it was an ignorant choice. Griffin snorted lowering his blade till the tip pushed into soil.

“War you must jest. That….pup cannot even withstand a blade, let alone wield one.” He had the group in an uproar within seconds. War didn’t budge from his decision, and patiently waited for her to walk to the weapon rack. Lined with swords, axes, daggers and shields of all sizes Siana felt smaller than half that were presented to her.

The slight of irritation to his drawn out insult was more for the fact she knew damn well he didn’t want to say pup, but rather something much more insulting. The fact that he hadn’t meant he knew War wouldn’t of approved and went with the lesser offence. It only angered her more.

A double headed spear leaned perfectly against the rack, her decision to pick that weapon wasn’t because of her lack of skill. But more so to the fact it would counter his long sword, giving her a bit of breathing room. Her only seeing issues was how very long it was, in comparison to the spear she used it was at least twice in length.

Raising a brow as she choose for something with more skill than she could contain, War allowed her to move forward. A drawn out circle was in place, giving the two a general idea where their boundaries lay. Pressing his shoulder to the backside of the manor War snatched an apple from a basket near by.

He had chosen Griffin on purpose, he was more interested in how far Siana could be pushed than if she could beat the beast of a man.

Before entering the circle Siana gave herself a second to look Griffin over. Broad shoulders, wide chest, thick legs and tree trunk arms. She knew it looked as though she was rethinking her choice, but in reality she was sizing him up. Best part of knowing how to fight is knowing your enemy, the best way to do that is look at them.

“Come on girl, I got better things to be having then to indulge your feasting eyes” Another round of chuckles broke the silence, but it bothered Siana not. His talking only bought her more time, and time was a good thing.

Her left foot lifted crossing the line, she had but seconds to react.