Training

The rest of my time spent at camp was hard work - literally. Luke thrust me into training and did not want to let up. Often I would tell him I needed a breather and he would only push me harder.

"Come on Olive! You really think you can defend yourself against the forces of Hades like this?" Luke chuckled at me, pinning me to the ground by his sword, sweat gleaming down his neck.

I sent him a glare laced with hatred. "I took on a Fury once you know." I sneered and kicked in his shin-throwing him off guard, but only for a moment. I pounced back onto my feet and drew my sword to defend his quick attacks. 

Luke blocked my feeble attempts leisurely and winked at me with a smirk plastered on to his face. "Yeah, well that was just the will of the gods, clearly. But don't worry, I'm the best fighter here so you will learn quickly before we go to Olympus."

I rolled my eyes and forced myself to concentrate on his sword skills. Grunting, I shoved my blade against his, but it was as if he was a brick wall. Instead of taking a few steps back-like I anticipated he would-he took a strong pace forward and used his leg to pull mine from under me-sending me on to my back. 

Afraid of cracking my head open on a rock, I grabbed for the closest, stable thing near me-Luke. I grabbed his chain-male and clung for dear life as we both toppled on to the ground. Clamping my eyes shut I waited for the impact, but it never came. Instead strong arms wrapped around my torso and held me up. Slowly, I peeled one eye open and glanced at my surroundings. We hadn't even fallen twelve inches, and I had gripped on o his as if it was life or death.

Scouring at myself, I released my hold on him and abruptly stood up, brushing my self off. Luke grinned at me and grabbed me around my waist from behind. "Where are you going?" He breathed and I tried to wiggle myself out of his tight grip but to no avail.

"To wash up before supper. Like usual." I muttered and watched a few people from a few hundred feet away walking to the mess hall."It's about time." 

Luke grinned into my neck, but did not release me. Honestly I couldn't tell if this was annoying me or if I was actually starting to enjoy his proximity to me. Luke seemed to notice my change in attitude and started to press my limits by brushing his lips against my cheek.

I would never admit this to anyone, but my heart fluttered a little as if a spark was surging throughout my body and even warmed my toes. Luke waited for me to pull away or yell at him, but I didn't-as f I was glued to the spot and my feet were no longer connected to my body.

Luke kissed my cheek once again, but left his lips there for a few seconds longer than the first kiss. Truthfully I don't know how long it would have taken me to step away from his mind clouding kissed if it was't for the faint sound of a hurt gasp sounding behind us.

Quickly, I puled away from him and wiped my cheek to remove the invisible traces. Annabeth was standing behind us holding a sword that she seemed to have been about to put away. "You know, relationships are not tolerated at the camp. Especially since you two live in the same cabin." She lectured us. "And especially if the man in the relationship is a cabin counselor." She put her nose in the air and huffed at us. "Please do not tell me that you are the one I need." She sneered at me and stalked away.

"What?" I frowned and turned to Luke in confusion. "What is she prattling on about?"

Luke shook his head and watched her as she trudged to the armory. "The Oracle gave Annabeth a prophecy a few years ago. Told of a great person who would come and save the Olympians." Luke sneered and rolled his eyes. "Bunch of shit, to tell you the truth." He grabbed my discarded sword and turned to me before walking away "Tomorrow, we will see how you are with a bow and arrow."