The Lake, The Cabin, and Capture the Flag: Part One

The last couple of days passed by sooner than I had expected them to. Luke and I had split and trained Percy as quick as we could, but I had the feeling that he won't be able to hold himself very well under the pressure of the whole camp.

Today was Thursday and I got Percy for two hours before dinner and bed time so I wanted to take him down to the lake and see what he can do.

"Hey Percy!" I yelled across the camp to the black haired kid and watched as he looked around in confusion. "Up here!" I waved down at him from the balcony of the Athena cabin, it was a good place to think. I pulled a pair of boy's swim trunks out of my back pack and threw them down at him. "Throw these on! We are going to the lake."

Percy looked at the swim trunks in his hands and peered up at me with a curious expression. "Where did you get these?"

"I have my ways." I shrugged and looked away from him. "Just put them on and meet me at the lake in five!"

"Kay." He ran off to the bathroom to change and I grabbed a towel, already changed into my one piece swim suit that I may or may not have stolen last year, it was just hidden under my clothes. As I walked through the cabin, I picked up some last minute things for his training like my bow and arrow necklace and a hunting knife and a water gun.

"Where are you off to?" Annabeth leaned against the door frame and crossed her arms.

"I'm off to train Percy, I want to see if he really has potential with water or if it was just a fluke." I shrugged and Annabeth sighed, walking to her bed and flinging herself on to it-face first. I nervously edged my way to the door, deciding if I should ask her what was wrong or if I should just leave while I still could escape. I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and took a deep breath. "What's the matter Annabeth?"

A muffled groan was all that I could make out as she responded.

I looked around the room, trying to see if any one was around who could interpret. "Uh...what?"

"I said," Annabeth pushed herself up to a sitting position and looked at me. "You are training the enemy."

"What?" I knew that time was starting to get short, but her vagueness was sparking my curiosity.

"Clearly, he is the son of...the sea." She cringed and flung herself down on to the bed once more, but she laid on her back so I could talk to her. "And I was hoping it would be Zeus."

"Sorry?" I really had no idea why she was so worked up about Percy being the son of Poseidon, I didn't mind it at all.

Annabeth shook her head at me with a wise smile. "You just don't understand. You probably don't know this, but Athena and Poseidon absolutely hate each other."

I chuckled and shook my head at the girl. "Annabeth, just because your parents feel one way doesn't mean you have to. Have you never read the story Romeo and Juliet?"

"That's just it! I can tell that I have strong feelings toward him, but I don't know whither they are good or bad yet." She frowned and hugged her stomach.

"Well, maybe it is a sisterly feeling, those are pretty strong, trust me." I frowned and sighed. "You don't have to make up your mind right now. Think about it, okay?" I looked up at the clock and sighed, I had to leave right now. "I have to go, I will see you at dinner."

"Sure."

Shaking my head, I walked out of the cabin and down the dirt path to the lake. It was really a gorgeous lake, and since I love to swim I had spent many lazy days out here hiding from Annabeth when she was training me, only to get scolded by her later on. But I still think it was worth it.