Pink Bunny and a Prophecy

"Here we are." Luke grinned at me and led me to the Hermes cabin. It was an older looking cabin compared to all the glorious other's surrounding it. It looked worn and the brown paint was peeling off the doors and windows. 

As I walked in side however, I realized that the outside was just a facade. Inside it was huge. It held at least two hundred bunk beds that were all claimed. "Woah, how many siblings do you have again?" I chuckled with shock.

Luke's smile remained plastered on to his face-but I could tell it was like the outside of the cabin-an illusion. "Well, actually only ten here are my siblings-the others are children of gods that have not been claimed."

In horror and a tiny piece of awe I gazed at them all. So many kids here, ages that ranged from 7 to 19(as far as I had seen). How could the gods-minor or major-just...have a child with someone and then leave it to be destroyed? So many children lived here-all of them the sweetest looking things and yet their parents did not want them? How did that work?

I felt a light tug on my sweats that caused me to look at my feet. There stood a little girl with her brown hair pulled into two low pigtails, she was peering up at me curiously and I realized she could not be any older than five years old. "Hi! My name is Skylar, what's yours?"

I smiled warmly and got on to my knees so I could be her height. "I'm Olive, it's nice to meet you-Skylar."

"You can call me Sky. I'll like it better!" She giggled and handed me a big pink bunny. As I grabbed it her eyes turned a murky white color and her smile disappeared. "This is Percy. He's really important to me and you-to the whole world."

I became a little frightened and tried to back away from her slowly, but she grabbed my arm in desperation-keeping me in place. "You must protect Percy. You must not let him be destroyed-our whole world relies on him." And with that she blinked a few times then fell to the floor. 

Shocked I stayed where I was-not knowing what to do. Sky sat up and rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Sorry, I fell asleep some how." She saw the bunny in my arms and pouted. "Hey-give me back Mr. Rabbit!"

Quickly, I did as she demanded and gave her back the bunny. Frowning, I added, "I thought his name was Percy?"

"No." She shook her head quickly, suddenly a bright light appeared over her head in the shape of a star. 

Gasps could be heard around the room and I realized that she was being claimed. Luke smiled at Sky and then walked over to me with a fake smile. "Well she has been chosen by her parent."

A short, but silencing knock on the door rung throughout the whole cabin. Luke paced over to the door and let in a short and portly man with a big, red nose and a can of soda. "Ah, when is she?" He muttered, looking around the room.

Skylar ran up to him and pointed to her head. "Mr. D! I got chosen! I got chosen!!" She started jumping up and down, excited.

"That's why I am here kid." He muttered and patted her on her head like a dog. "Alright-who was talking to her before the sign appeared?"

Everyone in the room-excluding Luke and Sky-pointed to me. Wow Luke was not kidding about Hermes' being a traitor-his kids showed the same traits...Suddenly I wondered if Luke had this trait as well.... I shrugged it off and focused on reality for the time being.

"What did she do before the star appeared?" Mr. D asked me-sounding like this kind of thing happened every day (maybe it did).

"U-uhm, she handed me her bunny then her eyes glazed over and turned white. She said his name was Pe-" I started but Mr. D held up a hand to silence me. 

"That's enough of that, prophecies are for your ears and your ears only." He muttered and scribbled something down on a clipboard, then he flipped through a few pages. "Aha! Here we are. Porrima that's your mom." He noticed almost every one's confused faces. "The goddess of the future? Ring any bells? Whatever, you need to pack your things lil missy, cause you are moving to Apollo's cabin."

"A-Apollo?" She peered up at me, curiously as if I should know what it meant.

"He is the host for the children of Porrima since she has few kids-she doesn't have a cabin." Mr. D sighed-annoyed. He gave me the impression that he got annoyed easily.

Sky ran over to me and cowered behind my leg-shaking. "I-I don't wanna go!" She buried her face in my calf.

Mr. D grumbled under his breath and scribbled upon his clipboard once more. "You can't stay here." He frowned at me-accusingly.

Frowning back, I glared at him. What a jerk-could he not see that this poor little girl was scared? Sighing, I crouched down and gently grabbed her shoulders, making sure to look her in the eyes. "Hey Sky? Why don't you wanna go to the Apollo cabin?"

She clutched her Percy/Mr. Rabbit close to herself and pouted at me. "I have friends here." She looked at few of the younger kids that had started to hover in a circle around the events. "I just got here only a month ago."

"Oh," I nodded and smiled softly at her-understanding that she was afraid of change. "Well, you will always be able to see your friends. Maybe you won't be able to sleep in the same cabin but you can still hang out with them every day." I grinned as her eyes cleared and stared memorized into mine. "Besides, by moving to Apollo's cabin you can have the opportunity to meet new friends-the more the merrier, right?" 

She kept her eyes inter locked with my, but nodded slowly. I heard a few gasps go around the room, but I did not worry myself since I was trying to make her feel better. 

"Yeah, I guess you are right." She giggled and ran to her bunk bed with a new sense of excitement and started packing the few things she has.

Grinning, I looked up to see that the people who had made a circle around us a backed up a few paces from me with looks of alarm on their faces. Luke's brow rose in shock as well as I turned to him in confusion.

Mutters started around the room, but they were talking so low that I could not comprehend all of what they were saying-I only picked up on the words: "silver, control, and eyes."

A throat cleared behind me, and Mr. D pulled out his clipboard-giving me a stern look. "Well, well, well. You must be the girl that walked in the Garden of Fertility but isn't a daughter of Demeter." He started to walk around me in a circle. I doubted that I have ever felt so noticed before now-everyone's eyes were boring into my flesh and if they were not looking at me before-they were now. "Also, you have the power of persuasion." Mr. D muttered under his breath and grabbed my chin to stare into my eyes as if he was trying to fit the pieces of a puzzle together.

"Honestly, I have no clue as to whom you may belong. But listen to me lil missy," He tightened his grip on my chin just a little more-not enough to hurt but to show he was serious. "You will not use persuasion on this camp-got that?"

"Yeah." I mumbled and held back a chuckle as Orion attacked Mr. D's ankle. 

"W-What?!" He shoed Orion away, but Orion refused to stop biting him until Mr. D stopped touching me. "How did this mongrel get into camp?" He sneered and glared around the room.

"He's mine." I chuckled a little. "Orion, go chose a bed for me and leave Mr. D alone." I told my pup and he cocked his head to the side at me as if to ask if I was serious. "Seriously." I muttered. He put his nose in the air defiantly and trotted off somewhere.

I heard the sound of pen scribbling on paper and turned to see Mr. D jotting down notes about me. "Can.Control.Animals." Him glared at Orion for a second then scratched out what he'd written and said: "Can. Control. Hunting. Animals." He looked at me then at the list. "Well I have never seen a demigod express things like this before-at least not all of them that is for sure. Maybe some one will claim you when you go to Olympus."

Yeah...I frowned and looked at my shoes as people started to disperse. Maybe....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry its so short-i would have made it longer but my sis is bugging me for the computer  ;) well

XOXO Jess