Welcome to Hell

The winning color: WAS A TIE ! Between blue and purple - two of the best colors, I must say ;) -Jess

Percy wrapped my hand inside of his with a reassuring smile and planted a kiss on my cheek, making me blush and my heart melt just a little, but it also made me feel terrible for not telling him that I was going to die.

"I've been thinking over this all night..." Annabeth frowned, shifting to look at all three of us in the cramped space of the cab's backseat. "The pearls are supposed to be the way out - but we only have three. That means one of us will have to stay behind..."

I sighed and tightened my grip on Percy's hand, unwilling to tell them the truth, but knowing that I it was the right thing to do. But was it? How was I to know for sure - no one knew this prophecy except I, not even Artemis. And she wasn't able to get inside my head any more... for unknown reasons that I didn't want to care about at this point in time.

"What's wrong, Olivia?" Percy whispered, noticing my change in moods, but I just shook my head, forcing a smile on to my face.

"Nothing, nothing -"

"Don't worry guys, I will stay behind, I'm the protector, that means it's my obligation to make sure you all get the Bolt safely to Zeus and away from Hades." Grover nodded and we all gave him curious looks. "Besides, someone has to escort Miss Jackson out of the Underworld."

"Thanks man, it means a lot." Percy smiled and high-fived/hand shook Grover in a confusing manner that I would never understand. The bile in my stomach just continued to eat away at me with the guilt - but I knew that telling them wasn't the best thing for the moment, it would only distract them from the main goal. I'd already learned you couldn't fight fate - it's an unmovable force.

The road was long and the quickly rising sun was quickly becoming the afternoon, but it wasn't as if anyone would be able to tell by the extreme darkness looming overhead outside the taxi windows. Suddenly, the taxi driver turned his radio up and tuned in to what the announcer was saying: "An unnatural storm cloud is covering most of North America and is quickly making it's way further and further down the Mid-west and into Northen California. We don't know what is causing this weather, but all we can say is that it does not look like a very sunny summer is headed our way."

"Zeus..." I muttered and Annabeth nodded, peaking out the window to get a closer view. '"Excuse me, driver?"

"Yeah, kid?"

"We just need you to stop at the Hollywood sign, you can drop us off there." I sighed and rubbed my shoulder, feeling the sudden weight of our predicament on our metaphorical shoulders.

The driver scoffed and looked at the four of us in his rear-view mirror. "You sure, kid? There's a big storm brewing... You should seek shelter."

"Thanks, but no thanks." Percy nodded. "We have to go there."

"Alright, alright - don't get your panties in a bunch." He mumbled and rolled his eyes, tuning his attention back on the road and stomping on it.

~~~~~

Climbing the hill to the Hollywood landmark, we noticed how... empty it was. I'd at least expected one or two security guards, but nothing was there, not even a fence. Which was weird-since I'd visited this place when I was younger and there had been one.

"Do you guys see this?" Percy called, pointing to a piece of graffiti on the Hollywood sign. As I approached it closer, I realized it was in Greek. "Woe to all deprived souls." Percy read, squinting at the sign in confusion.