Stolen Parts and Heart to Hearts

Today's Banner is by: SuperRockerChick! What do you guys think? I say it's pretty awesome.

"Uh.." I nervously rubbed my arm while Annabeth tried to quickly come up with an excuse for bothering him. How would someone politely phrase 'Hey can we steal your car with a possibility of it never coming back you you?'

The man looked between the both of us, a little annoyed and looked down at him wristwatch. "Sorry girls, but I'm on a tight schedual-and frankly I am not buying what you may be selling."

"I'm sorry, sir-we are actually not selling anything." Annabeth frowned, and then made her eyes look really shiny and innocent. "We are actually lost, do you think you could tell us where Georgison Street is? We missed out tour bus there and now we have to catch a new one." Annabeth was stalling for me, I just needed a few minutes to try and figure out how my persuasion worked and how I could pull it out from deep inside me to use on this guy.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, searching through my memories about every time I had used this power. It felt as if I was throwing a net over the person in my mind and then just reeling them in with my gaze. I tried to focus on this feeling as Anna continued to convince the business man that there really was a street named Georgison.

"I'm sorry girls, but I really don't have time for this. I insist that I have no idea where the street is, now if you will excuse me." He turned and started walking away. Urgently, I reached out and grabbed his arm, startling him and causing him to turn back to me, eyes locked on to mine.

Keeping his deep brown eyes locked under mine, I slowly began to speak to him, trying to put him under a hypnosis. "I'm sorry, sir. But can we ask one more thing of you?"

Slowly, the man's face began to blanken and he nodded. "Sure, I guess."

I could feel my mind reeling him in close and tried not to break the bond. "May we have the keys to your Dodge?" I held out my hand, never breaking eye contact with the man. His eyes flickered a little, trying to break away from the connection flowing between me and him, trying to find his way out of the haze.

"I'm sorry...what?" He mumbled, sleepily. His eyes narrowed a little, as if he could barely process what was going on in the world around him. That's exactly what I wanted.

Smiling sweetly, I put my hand on his shoulder, and asked the question once more. "May we please have the keys to your Dodge? We cannot promise to return it." My words sounded almost like a song as they left my mouth, ringing in my ears melodically.

A dazed smile crept on to the man's face and he reached into his suit pocket, never breaking eye contact with me. "Oh okay. That is fine...I have...three other cars..at home." He yawned, holding the set of keys out for me.

Snatching them out of his hand, I smiled and thanked him. I was about to the break the connection flowing from me and him when Annabeth whispered in my ear. "Tell him not to report the car as missing, and if anyone asks tell him to say he lent it to a friend."

"Now, I would like you to do one more thing for me, can you do that?" I nodded, causing him to nod with me, almost like the mirror effect. "You mustn't tell anyone that the car is stolen, just say you lent it to a friend permanently." I smiled and slowly began to back up, not breaking the eye contact. I didn't want him to snap out of it until we were already in the car.

"Sure, whatever you say." He smiled, his eyes looked as if they were made of a clouded glass. "Is there any..thing..else I can do..?"

Squinting at him, I nodded. "Yeah, actually-get on the ground and sleep for ten minutes. After ten minutes, you may wake up." The man made a disgusted, yet still very tired face and protested.