A Challenge, Joint Custody, and Waterworks

"Olive, Annabeth." I looked up to see a centaur approaching us. I was a little surprised to see that this centaur was Chiron, so he must have been hiding his true form in the wheelchair. "Would you two be so kind as to take Percy off my hands for a while? I have a master archery class to attend for an hour or so."

"Yes, Sir." Annabeth gave Percy another calculating look over before returning to her book.

I grinned devilishly and put my book to the side, leaning across the wooden rail. "Sure, he can begin training." I nodded towards the cabin door. "Come inside and see where you will be staying. After you get settled-we will be starting your first lesson for training."

Percy slowly walked up the steps and Annabeth prodded him inside, trying to move things along as quickly as possible.

"Welcome to Cabin Eleven, Percy Jackson." I remembered his name and grinned at him. I stepped over the scattered sleeping bags that were thrown all over the floors and waved him over to his new bunk. "You will be sleeping here, right next to Luke-your cabin leader. You'll meet him later." I shrugged and had him toss his only box which held the horn on to the bed.

"Regular or Undetermined?" A girl who was lounging on her bed called out to us and Annabeth answered. 

"Undetermined." Earning a scoff from the people inside the cabin.

"Now, now, campers." I turned on my heel and muttered under my breath 'Speak of the Devil'. Luke grinned at Percy and introduced himself, welcoming the poor kid.

"Percy, this is Luke-your cabin leader." Annabeth blushed under Luke's gaze and I had to bite my tongue to keep from either laughing out loud or scoffing. She was such a school girl sometimes. "For now anyway."

"For now?" Percy rose a brow at me, wanting my opinion, but Luke answered for him coldly.

"You are undetermined. That means that when your parent claims you, you will be moved in to their cabin. But, I'm sure Olive will be able to explain further for you." He grinned at me. 

Percy turned to me. "How long will I be here?" I sighed and shook my head.

"Until you're determined, kid." 

"How long till then?" My eye twitched a little. All these stupid questions-the exact reason why I didn't want a trainee.

The other campers in the cabin chuckled at Percy's naiveness and I shook them off and pulled Percy out of there. "We are going to train you up."

"Now?" Damned questions again!

I groaned and glared at him, but kept moving. "Yes! Now." As we walked out the door I turned back to look at Luke. "Armory in ten." He just nodded with a slight smile playing about his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled him in to the armory and decided to let him pick what he wanted to start off with and go from there. "You have your basic ground sword, your double-edged sword(good for horse back), then you have your jagged sword which is not the best for offense because it is heaviest, and you have your hunting blades which are used for-you guessed it-hunting things." I pointed each sword type weapon out and waited for his decision.

"You want me to chose?" He looked my over somewhat confused.

I sighed through my nose and closed my eyes. Mr. D is just trying your patience-if you can survive this you can survive anything, I reminded myself. "Yeah, chose the one you are most comfortable with and we will go from there."

Slowly, Percy walked over to the blades and gingerly picked up the double-edged sword and balanced it in his hand with a slight frown. "If I chose this one, I won't have to get on a horse-right?"