Is It Wrong To Hit Old Men?

Four days, four days they had been in one place. My stomach was doing summersaults and I was sweating just a little. The only possible explanation is that they were in some kind of trouble and they needed my help.

Pacing around my large room, I picked up Frai and shoved her into my belt making sure the dagger was secure. Then I pulled open one of the dresser drawers curiously to see if any more weapons were inside, but I was just faced with empty drawers.

"Leaving me so soon?" Apollo's voice called from my door way and I twirled around, blushing as if I was caught with my hand in the cookie jar.

"I have to leave. Now." I brushed myself off and swung my backpack over my shoulder, I pat my knee to call over Orion before I remembered he was back in Tennessee... I shook my head, not letting my self forget the main issue here. I'd morned long enough for my lost puppy.

"Where to? You've only just got here..." He sighed and rested against the door frame. "I mean, you still have two days until the summer solstice. I'm sure the others have handled the bolt by now - they aren't totally incompetent with out you, you know. You should take a break, Oli."

"I can't." I snapped and threw my hands in the air, feeling as if I was completely powerful and in total control of my body - I really did need a good long sleep. "They have been stuck at one place for four days, Father. It's not something I can over look..." I sighed and pushed my way past him.

"Let me give you a ride, huh? You'll never catch up to them in time if you take normal transportation..." Apollo grinned, holding up a pair of golden reigns.

~~~~

The air blew my hair all over the place as the Sun Chariot soared over states of North America. "Where to?" Apollo called over the rushing wind with a chuckle of enjoyment. He'd offered my the reigns earlier, but I'd nervously refused, Zeus would have shot me down the second I did anyway.

"As close to Las Vegas as you can get." I yelled back, watching the fiery horses winey and drive harder through the air with a terrible force.

"You're friends are gambling?" He chuckled and grinned a thousand watt smile. "Man, that sounds like fun." He looked at the ground below the chariot and nodded. "Look, you will have to jump-"

"-JUMP?!" I screamed, sure I'd jumped from twenty foot trees, but this was twenty thousand! Or something like that, may be I was exaggerating a little but still! "You can't be serious?!"

"You'll be fine!" Apollo grinned and then tossed me a silver square the size of my pinky finger in length and in width. "Just hold on to this as you plummet."

"Plummet?!" I growled, what a nice phrase for my eminent death.

"What?! You don't trust your old man?" He grinned and gave me a sadistic grin. I bit my lip, seriously considering on wither I should answer that question or not. "Trust me, alright!" He turned his attention back on to the sky. "On my count, ready?"

"No..." I muttered, but my refusal was lost in the wind.

"ONE! TWO!" My dread was building and building with every second. "JUMP!"

Mustering all of my courage, I screamed at the top of my lungs and threw myself from the Chariot.

The ground came rushing towards me with a sickeningly quick rate. I could barely make put the top of the Las Vegas Strip beneath me but every time I blinked, it became more and more defined. Tightly squeezing the silver box Apollo had given me, I couldn't keep my breakfast down.