I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know

"There are no happy endings, endings are the saddest part, so just give me a happy middle, and a very happy start." -Shel Silverstein

Percy's Pov:

I brushed myself off and looked around. After I'd hit Luke for the final time-hard, he plummeted down into the water next to us. This time I didn't think he would get back up - I'd tried taking out all my frustrations on him and there was a lot - especially after what he'd done to Olivia.

The thought of Olivia's quickly paling body made me snap again and I quickly jumped down to the level where Annabeth was with the quickly fading Olivia, even though she had lost an extreme amount of blood, she was some how still hanging on.

Annabeth's head snapped up as she heard me approach, her cheeks were stained pink with tears shed in my absence. "S-she, I - there was nothing I could - Percy, I.."

Annabeth sobbed and removed her hands from on top Olive's bloody chest, hands dripping with the thick liquid. "There's nothing I could do... nothing I could do... nothing..." She repeated to her self, rubbing her cheeks, then suddenly getting a look of horror as she trailed blood across her face. "Her heart - it j-just - gave out, there's n-nothing there."

It felt as if my heart stopped too with those words, I edged my way over to her with mixed emotions bubbling to the surface. Olivia was laying on the metal ground with a pale face, her eyes had fluttered shut permanently and her mouth was frozen slightly open with her last breaths.

Looking around at the puddles of rain water pooling around us, I gathered up all of my hope and placed my hands over her wound, trying to channel the water over to the two of us to heal her, and possibly save her life.

Annabeth bit her lip and put a hand over my desperate ones. "Percy, she's gone - you're only hurting yourself, we need to deliver the bolt -"

"-No, we - I have time." I shook her off and gave her a sharp look. "Deliver the Bolt yourself, save the world, I don't care."

Annabeth's eyes flashed and she hit me upside my head. "Shut up you idiot, Seaweed Brain! It has to be you to deliver it, Mr. D told us that from the very beginning."

"Yeah - well he also said me and Olivia." I hissed, turning my attention away from her and back to the dying girl beneath my hands, she wasn't going to die - I wouldn't let her.

"Percy - we only have five minutes - we need to go now." Annabeth yelled, standing up and holding the bolt in her hands authoritatively. "Olive was my friend too, but the world is at stake."

I ignored this and kept lapping water over Olivia's wounds until they disappeared, but even then she did not open her eyes. "Olive, Olive -" I shook her shoulders, chanting her name like a song that sounded desperate to my own ears. "Please.... please." I pleaded, feeling large drops of salt water rolling down my cheeks. Annabeth sighed and began pulling me to my feet, but not before I tried one more time to feel a pulse.

"STOP!" I yelled as Anna continued to tug my sleeve. It took too long and it was extremely faint, but it was there. "She's alive."

"No, no Percy, she's not." Annabeth cried, tears starting to stream down her face again and she looked at the two of us in pity. "She's gone."

"I don't care what you think, I'm taking her with us, let's go." I grumbled at her angrily and hoisted Olivia up into my arms, carrying her like a child and resting her unconscious head on my shoulder, all the while denying she was gone, she wasn't dead - she's alive and no one was going to convince me otherwise.