Chapter 25

*Jess's POV*

It felt weird and wrong kissing Jai after what happened. I talked to Luke about it and he said he's sorry. That he won't do it again. He didn't bring up me kissing him back and I didn't either. At least it's all in the past and done with, hopefully. My family and I were on our way to Bristol. Some fancy restaurant for Shane. I liked going there. The food was good.

"I think this dinner will be more for you than me." Shane said quietly.

"What are you talking about?" I said confused.

"We all knew I'd be graduating and whatever, but no one expected anytime soon for you to be dating."

"Oh please."

"Seriously, while you were with Jai mom wouldn't shut up about you and Jai. You took my spotlight." Shane said punching my arm.

"Ow! That's not my fault." I said punching him back. He chuckled.

"You're so weak."

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't be like that! But hey, I hope everything goes well between you and Jai."

"Yea me too." I said looking out the window.

"Everything alright?"

"Yep."

"Ok, well we're here."

"Good, I'm hungry." I said as I opened the door. I got out and Shane followed behind me. We went inside and my stomach growled at the smell of food.

"Hello, reservation?" The host said.

"Yes, Gutierrez. Four." My dad said.

"Right this way please." We followed him and sat at our table. "A waiter will be with you momentarily."

"Thank you." My dad said. I looked through the menu. I decided for shrimp and pasta. My stomach growled more at the thought of it.

"Hi, I'm Caleb. I'll be your waiter this evening. Could I start you off with some drinks?"

"Red wine please, and you Jess?"

"Uh, coke."

"Ok, I'll be with them momentarily." He said closing his notepad.

"Oh Shane, my baby boy. He's going off to college." My mom said grabbing Shane's hands.

"And not just any college darling, but Yale." My dad chimed in.

"Oh yes! What an accomplishment. How are you feeling Shane?" My mom said smiling.

"Great, nervous, but overall great."

"That's good to hear son." My dad said putting his napkin on his lap.

"And what about you Jess?" My mom said turning her attention to me.

"Oh, I'm happy for Shane."

"Yes sweetie, but I mean you and Jai?"

"Oh, happy as well."

"Oh Jess, I'm so glad this moment has finally come." My mom said letting go of Shane's hands and grabbing mine.

"Yea. Jai's a great guy."

"That's good to hear." My dad said.

"Yep." I said not knowing what else to say.

"And here's your coke." Caleb said setting a fancy cup in front of me with coke fizzing inside.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

"You're welcome miss. And your wine." He said placing wine glasses in front of Shane and my parents. He took the cork off the bottle and poured their glasses halfway. He set the bottle in the middle of the table.

"Would you like for me to take your order or would you like more time?"

"We're ready." My mom said smiling.

"Ok, what would you all like to have?" He said taking out his notepad.

"I'll have the fish fillet." Shane said setting down his menu.

"Potato soup for me please." My mom said taking a sip from her wine.

"A steak for me." My dad said setting down his menu.

"Ok, and for you miss?" Caleb said looking at me.

"Pasta with shrimp." I said quietly.

"Ok, I'll take your menus." He said putting up his notepad. We all handed him our menus and he left.