Chapter 17

I was going to update yesterday, BUT THE JANOSKIANS SINGLE CAME OUT. I'll put the song to the side for you people that haven't heard it or don't know who the Janoskians are.

---------------------------------------------------

*Jess's POV*

While I sat in class with Luke I thought of something that made my heart sank a bit. Today is the 20th. David passed on the 20th of June, next month. Wow, almost a year. I sighed. His mom asked me to give a speech at his memorial since she said she wouldn't be capable of it. I agreed. Maybe that'll help me by taking this all off my chest. Help me move on. 

"You alright?" Luke said lifting an eyebrow. 

"Yea, I'm fine." I said forcing a smile. 

"It's the 20th, I know. This is just another sign that you are ready to move on." He said patting my knee. How did he know? Can people easily tell what I'm thinking? Oh god. 

"How'd you know?" 

"You told me and I remembered." He said smiling. 

"Wow, you're a great listener. I appreciate that." I said squeezing his hand. 

"You're welcome and I'm your best friend. I SHOULD know this stuff." He said squeezing back. 

"Thank you Luke. I love you." I said hugging him. He hugged me back. 

"I hope everything goes well with you and Jai." He said smiling. 

"I hope so too. I'm still a bit weirded out over this." 

"I understand, well kind of, but you know what I mean." I chuckled. 

"Yea. Hey Luke, what's been going on lately with you? You've been a bit down and distracted." He was quiet for awhile. 

"Just this girl." 

"Oh, you like her?" 

"Well obviously dumbfuck." He said chuckling. 

"Har har. Well what has been going on with her?" 

"I really like her, but she has a boyfriend. She just sees me as a friend. She's different from any other girl I've laid my eyes on. Sometimes I wish I would've came out with my feelings with her. Maybe she'd be with me instead." He said sighing. I patted his back. 

"Take a chance. No matter what will end up happening afterwards. Don't hold anything back when you're with her. Take chances because then you won't be thinking "What if". Shit, if you have the urge to kiss her, then fucking kiss her! If you have the urge to hug her then hug her! You'll maybe never get the chance ever again." I said smiling. He groaned. 

"Jess you wouldn't understand. I'm close with her boyfriend." It was quiet for awhile. 

"Talk to him about it." 

"No, I'll just let things happen." 

"No Luke. It sucks seeing you like this. Talk to him about it. Work something out." 

"Ok, I guess." 

"Promise me you will?" 

"Yea, I promise." 

"Pinky promise?" I said lifting up my pinky. He laughed a bit. 

"Wow, shit just got real." We laughed. 

"Pinky promise?" 

"I pinky promise." He said locking his pinky with mine. Then all of a sudden he hugged me. Tightly.