Chapter 23

The song is to the side. Roger Rabbit by Sleeping with Sirens. :D Since there won't be much happening in the next few chapters, I'm uploading after 100 reads. :)

---------------------------------------------------

*Jess's POV*

How was I so oblivious to this? God, he couldn't have been more obvious. The random hugs, the friends with boyfriend, the complications. Jeez, I'm such an idiot. I told him to do whatever he felt at that moment. I told Luke to kiss me. I can't believe what I did when he kissed me.

"Luke, don't mention any of this to Jai. This never happened."

"I know, and I'm sorry. It's just, you kind of told me too."

"I know what I said! Don't remind me. Now go." I said pointing to where his house was.

"Ok." He said turning around. I watched as he left for a couple seconds. I turned around and hurried home. I quickly went inside and went to the bathroom. I stripped all my clothes off and jumped into the shower. I turned the knob to hot water all the way and just a tad to the cold knob. The steam helped me calm down. I stood under the pouring hot water for awhile. My mind was completely cleared and I felt relaxed. Something I haven't felt in awhile. I felt like singing because who doesn't sing in the shower? In my head I went through songs I knew all the lyrics to, as if I was going through a playlist on my phone. I decided for a Sleeping with Sirens one. Kellin's voice was amazing. It was soothing, especially on the acoustics.

Is there a right way for how this goes.

You've got your friends and you've got your foes.

They want a piece of something hot.

Forget your name like they forget.

Ain't that something.

So when I see you crash and burn I criticize your every word.

I'm trying to keep from going insane.

Ain't that the way of this whole damn thing.

Trying to be something... more.

Nobody's gonna love you if you can't display a way to capture this.

Nobody's gonna hold your hand and guide you through.

No it's up for you to understand.

Nobody's gonna feel your pain.

When all is done and it's time for you to walk away.

So when you have today you should say that you have to say.

Say all that you have to say.

Is there a right way for being strong.

Feels like I'm doing things all wrong.

Still I'm here just holding on.

Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs.

"Jess, there is no time for singing! Hurry up and get out. I can't be late to my own graduation!" I heard Shane yell, pounding on the door.

"Yea, ok. Whatever. Be right out." I said grabbing some shampoo. I quickly washed my hair. I scrubbed my body and got out. I wrapped a towel around my body and went into my room, closing the door. I didn't really need to make my room into a disaster looking for an outfit to wear. My mom had already picked out a dress for me to wear. I took my towel off and wiped my body dry. I wrapped my hair in the towel and went to my drawers. I quickly got out a bra and panties and put them on. I grabbed the dress and slipped into it. The dress was nothing glamourous. Just a simple purple and white summer dress. I put some perfume on and grabbed some flats. I didn't really have all types of shoes. Just vans and flats. Perfect for all the clothes I owned. I dried my hair and brushed it. It was still kind of wet, but I didn't care. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs. I sat on the couch and put my earphones in. I closed my eyes and just listened to music.

~

"I'm sorry, but you told me to."

"What are y--" I was cut off as Luke's lips crashed against mine. My eyes widened, but all of a sudden I closed my eyes and kissed him back. After a second or two I realized what I did and pulled away quickly. Before I knew it I was on the ground looking up at Luke, who was looking down at me with a cheeky smile. What have I done.

~

"Jess. Jess, wake up. We have to go." Shane said shaking me.

"What? We still have half an hour left." I said rubbing my eyes.

"You fell asleep. Now let's go." He said grabbing my arm and dragging me out the house. I checked my phone. I had gotten a text from Jai saying they're going to be a bit late. The later the better. I don't really know what's going to end up happening between Luke and I.