Chapter 15

*Jess's POV*

The feeling I got when I put my lips against Jai's was unexplainable. It was perfect. I don't know what came over me. I just did it, but I didn't want to pull back. Neither did he. He laid me on my bed. He was on top of me. This all just felt right. The kiss became more passionate. Neither of us wanted to pull away. We were stuck in the moment. Until I heard a knock on the door. It was Shane. My door was open so Shane saw.

"Well good morning to you two." He said chuckling. We pulled away immediately. Jai scratched his head.

"Uh, well. Uh. I'll see you at school Jess. Bye." Jai said getting up and leaving. It was quiet.

"So just friends?" Shane said smirking.

"Shut up." I said throwing a pillow at him.

"I'm not judging! I'm happy for you." He said laughing.

"We're not dating. Just happened."

"Wait a minute, he kissed you?"

"No." He started laughing. He came to sat next to me on my bed and hugged me.

"Never knew you had that in you!"

"Oh shut up." I said punching his arm.

"Fiesty I see." He laughed and got up.

"Whatever."

"Well anyways. I hope your excited for tonight."

"Yea! I am. Getting rid of you." I said chuckling. Shane was valedictorian and he was going to give his speech.

"Har har. Get to school." I nodded and he left my room. I put my flats on, again. They kind of fell off while Jai and I kissed. I decided to walk to school. It would give me more time to think. I didn't regret the kiss or anything. I just liked remembering it. Maybe it was just me or my lips actually felt tingly. I smiled to myself. I really liked Jai. That made me wonder, did Jai like me back or did he just kiss me back just to do it? That made my heart sank a bit. What if he didn't and now I look like an idiot. This made my stomach turn a bit. I can never be positive about anything. Ever. I got to my locker. Neither of the boys were there. Good. I didn't want to see them, yet. I just wanted to think of what to say to Jai. What if he tells Luke? I opened my locker. I had nothing in there. I had tooken it all home yesterday. I closed it. What was I going to say to Jai? Sorry? It just happened? Ugh, I don't know. I turned around and Jai was there. Just my luck.

"Hey." He said awkwardly.

"Hi." It was awkward. He didn't like me. Oh my god.

"So, uh. About what happened at your house."

"Uh, yea. Sorry about that."

"Oh, uh."

"Yea."

"Um, can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"I really really like you." He said smiling at me. I felt this rush of happiness rush over me. He did like me. Really really liked me.

"I really really like you too." I said hugging him. He hugged me back.

"Jessica Gutierrez." He said looking at me. I looked at him confused and pulled back.

"Yea?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He said smiling. I had to think about this for awhile. I think I'm ready. No, I am ready. I smiled.

"Yes, Jaidon Brooks." I said chuckling and hugging him. Jai was mine and just mine. I couldn't be happier.