19

she slowly opened her eyes, feeling a heavy weight on her waist , and a breath on her neck, she woke up startled of the masculine figure behind her , she let a scream out of her lips ..

he woke up in alert " what's wrong little thing ?" he asked looking around for any danger .

she looked at him in anger, need and surprise " what's wrong?" she whispered

" you're wrong , your absence was wrong , and this situation is wrong ." she fired at him hitting him with her pillow ..

he surprisingly hugged her to his chest " I missed you too mate ." he growled making her whimper

" you didn't.. and I hate you . " she cried like a baby..

" where have you been ?" she asked curiously

" I had to attend a matter in the south" he informed

" and why didn't you inform me ?!" she asked again

" it was an urgent matter I had to leave immediately. "
" look your majesty am angry and I don't want to talk to you . that's final ." she spoke trying to seem serious but to him she sounds like a toddler .

she looked away crossing her hands under her chest making him smile internally. 

" and I inform you I'm leaving to the bathroom ." she added not looking at him .

he pulled her by the wrist and got on top of her , a tingling sensation travelled through the mark he gave her towards her abdomen .

he kissed her neck making her fist the sheets under her head , " so my puppet is angry at me !!" he exclaimed

" yes . I am ." she whispered
he touched her left cheek looking straight in her eyes , she felt intimidated and looked away biting her bottom lip , " I'll make it up for you. " he spoke

" No .. Zanthus you went to god knows where and left me here caged in your chamber without a single word , do you know how hard and painful it was , I even thought you were cheat-" she stopped talking looking away in embarrassment.

he growled hearing his name from her lips " don't call me by name again." he ordered making her gulp

" I.. I didn't mean to , your majesty." she felt an unbearable pain in her mark traveling towards her heart

" I didn't cheat on you , if I did you wouldn't be fine right now , and I remind that I'm a king , I have many responsibilities, and my kingdom is a priority ." he spoke getting away from her, getting up his shirtless huge body made her gulp , she tried to not look in order to not say something stupid .

" you're excused to leave to the bathroom. " he ordered not looking at her but busy ordering some papers .

she walked away from him , scared of his reaction he doesn't seem to be fine with what she said .

he sat down on the couch thinking about what his mate confessed ' she's right it must have been hard on her .' he thought ..

she walked out of the bathroom , smelling fresh and delicious like always,

" the mark you.. gave.. me , hurts. " she whispered the last part looking down

" you're fine, it's because of the distance, my wolf is not happy about it ."

" so .. you didn't hate me and decided to leave me right ." she asked playing with her fingers nervously

" are you crazy , hating you is impossible, don't let these stupid thoughts consume you ." he warned

" em I understand .. but I'm still angry at you ." she tried to glare unsuccessfully, and left to the bedroom where she threw herself once again on the bed smelling his pillow, it smelt so masculine, so delicious she almost moaned in delight. 

meanwhile ..

" why didn't you tell me you're leaving ?" asked the beta's mate in anger

" babe you know his majesty and how unpredictable he is , I didn't have the chance to , but i swear I sent you a messenger to inform you .

" well nobody informed me and i spent the past month in frustration ." she yelled at him

" come on, you know it's not my fault honey , my apologies, I'll make sure the next time I tell you before stepping out of the castle , just don't be mad my love . "

she looked at him then threw herself in his embrace " deal then ." giving him the permission to start a morning of passion .

.
.
.
" I said I'm angry I won't eat with you ." she declared again getting on his nerves

" wren come right now if you don't want to be punished . " at his words

she walked towards where he's sitting and sat next to him  without sparing him a glance .

" eat . they told me you have been neglecting food ." he ordered

" I'm not hungry , your majesty ." she answered

" no you will eat either ways I don't want an unhealthy mate ." he scolded

she sighed trying to eat as much as she could to not put herself in trouble.

they both finished and washed up. 

she sat on the couch thinking when she felt herself on his lap , she tried struggling but he restricted her movements making he straddle him .

" you're still angry ." he spoke his voice deep , manly and intimidating , she shivered on his lap making him growl ..

she looked in his eyes for a brief second before hugging him, putting her head on his chest " many bad thoughts consumed me , I was scared ." she sobbed snuggling more into him if possible..

he hugged her to his chest , passing his hand the length of her back in order to comfort her " I'm here now, baby girl , I had to leave but I won't do it to you once again , I'll make sure to tell you before ."

he didn't want to tell her that being far away from her was hard for him as well , his wolf nagged him day and night at the loss of contact with their mate .. but responsibilities are responsibilities.
.
.
.
.