3

"Wren! Wake up. You need to eat something, little thing." He ordered.

Wren tried opening her eyes but the second her eyes landed on him sitting so close next to her, tears rolled down the sides of her face. She tried getting up but it was as if her body was glued to the ground.

She winced, her face showing nothing but how much discomfort she was experiencing.
"It's okay, you will heal soon. Don't cry." He tried wiping her tears away but her reaction made him stop midway, the girl looked like she would faint any second if he kept her company.

Zanthus took her between his war-sculpted arms and placed her on his lap. The girl barely weighed, she was so light for his liking yet again she looked healthy which made him question whether she was too light or the fact that he has Lycan powers.

The Alpha King called for a soldier to bring him her breakfast. The soldier didn't dare look in the direction of his Luna, he put his King's breakfast in front of him and bowed before hurrying out of the Royal tent.

Zanthus tried feeding her but she didn't accept anything. She thought of how ironic he was being now that he was trying to feed her after everything he did to her the previous day.

"Don't make me force-feed you, Wren you'll regret it." He advised.
Wren shook her head in denial making him put pressure on her jaw to force to her open her mouth and eat but his action only made her cry in pain as he put pressure on her now bruised cheek.

"GOD! What shall I do with you." He sighed.

The King put her back to lay down on the fur as he shook his head in frustration. Sam asked for permission to enter and he was given it.

"Good morning Alpha." Zanthus only nodded in return.
"Your majesty you have to eat breakfast." Encouraged a now speaking softly Beta.
"Well, she's not cooperating at all," He told harshly making her whimper in dread, she didn't want to be slapped again and definitely she didn't want his sharp teeth in her neck ever again.

"Can I try, alpha king?" Asked a careful Sam earning a positive response.

He walked towards the tray of food sitting down "Luna can I help you eat? Aren't you hungry? Actually, after the marking, you should eat well to handle yourself and the changes happening in your body. I don't think your grandfather wants you dead, do you?"

She looked at him still in distress from all the things the monster did to her. Wren tried nodding which made Sam smile in victory.
"Alpha king, can I?" he asked for permission to help her eat and he earned it.
Zanthus didn't want his little mate to die from lack of nutrition.

As Sam started to feed his Luna, he talked to her about what the castle looked like, and even told her about his mate, he was a mated wolf that's why Zanthus let him feed his mate.

Wren didn't speak at all she only looked at him to make him feel that she was indeed listening to him and that he was being heard.
She ate until she felt full, "That's it we're done, Luna. " He cheered making a small smile appear on her face.
As Zanthus focused all his attention on her, he felt how tense she was but when she smiled his heart sped for a second.
He had to mark her, it was going to happen, either way, she had to understand that she was his no matter how.

She looked at him as he approached her looking all so majestic, "We should head to our destination now." He ordered, "Can you move ?" He added.
The young Luna tried to move but her muscles were in so much pain "Maybe, you can help me?" she asked without looking at him, Zanthus immediately gathered her in his arms and into his brought chest.
"You can sleep on the way to the castle, you need to restore your energy." She didn't respond only her hands holding his upper over-muscled right arm for support.
"What is expected from me?" She asked hesitantly.
"Nothing much if you behave yourself," He informed carrying her to his horse as they started moving towards their destination, leaving some soldiers behind to take care of the tents.

Wren couldn't support her weight she put her head on his broad chest and held his left bicep to hers. Slowly sleep stole her from the real world. The King hugged his mate to himself with his left arm not to risk her falling from the horse, he looked down at her smiling at the image, how she was holding his biceps to herself and her head on his chest, he wanted nothing but to protect her from everyone and keep her safe confined behind the doors of his chamber.

The castle was now only a few hours away, they would get there before sunset.

The Luna stirred opening slowly her eyes to see the man who fed her earlier on his horse talking to the monster next to her as they were advancing.

She let go of his biceps, embarrassed at how powerless she must've looked. "Water, please." She now at least felt a little better.

Sam handed her some water and she showed her gratitude to him.

Wren looked up at her mate who looked down at her in return "How are you feeling, kitten?" He asked with concern but she ignored him putting her head back on his chest to support herself.

"What did I say about disrespect and disobedience little thing?" He warned.

"I feel better," she whispered burning her face in his warm chest.

"Good." He responded

AN: Pease, don't forget to like and support.💕