4

Wren was feeling bored, she looked behind him to see soldiers chatting on their horses, she then looked at Sam on her left "Sir, how long is it going to take?"
"Around an hour or so, Luna." He responded not daring to look at her.
"Why are you calling me Luna?" She asked curiously, they say curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought him back.
"Because you're the Alpha's mate." He explained.
"And how do you know I'm his mate?" She asked her curiosity pushing her forward
"That's for his majesty to explain, I'm sorry Luna." He bowed his head for a second.
"Fair enough" She shrugged looking down in disappointment.

Zanthus liked the fact that she was trying to understand what was happening around her, he found it wholesome.
"Can you at least stop calling me Luna? My name is Wren sir," she added making her mate tighten his hold on her, hurting her in the process.
"Nobody has the right to call you by your name beside me." He spoke harshly making her uncomfortably rigid due to the proximity.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know just don't hurt me," She whispered still traumatised from the previous night.
"I won't,"

Sam pitied her for what she was going to face once she got to the castle, his king was known for being a ruthless merciless leader. It, unfortunately, didn't stop there, even with his mistresses it was rare for him to finish with someone without harming them in the process because of his rough handling, or he guessed must be because he didn't care much when it came to feeding his beast especially that he was craving his mate for too long. A mate isn't a mistress, in the end, he will take care of her life but she won't escape his ways. She'll get hurt one way or another for sure.

"There it is," Spoke Sam pointing to the castle, the second they entered the kingdom everyone kneeled down to their Alpha King.

The King put her face in his chest to protect her from prying eyes. It was a long journey to reach the castle. They entered through the gates and soldiers bowed down and took the horses to their perspective places.

"Can you walk?"

"Or never mind." He added taking her in his embrace, "Pretend to be asleep, or you'll have to greet everyone."

It was a long walk until they reached his chambers, Wren opened her eyes and was mesmerised by how beautiful it was, they passed a living room and a closed door to get into the main master room. But she started panicking as soon as he put her on a huge comfortable bed.

"Are, are you, going," She blushed looking down.
" No ." he smirked," not yet, I'm sure you're tired, maids will come to help you take a bath and get you ready for bed."

Six maids came in bowing after being granted permission to enter their Alpha's chambers.

"Help her freshen up and dinner must be served here by the time I am back." He ordered before leaving through the extravagant doors of his chambers.

"Let's start, Luna." Voiced one of the maids once she noticed the Alpha king's mark on the new female.

Wren nodded not having the heart to articulate anything, the journey was long and she felt unsafe so she chose to go with the flow instead of getting another horrific night like the previous.

They started waxing every part of her body before giving her a hot relaxing bath. "Do you have any idea about what I should expect after this?" She asked staring at the ceiling not daring to get more into her imagination.

"What do you mean, Luna?" Asked the head of the maids.

"Will he force himself on me?" She uttered, tears gathering in her innocent eyes.

"We are not sure what to tell you, Luna." Bowed the head of the maids.

"What does this mark serve for?" She asked pointing at her neck.