2

"Zanthus," she whispered softly testing how his name rolled off her tongue, if it wasn't for his advanced wolf hearing abilities he would've missed it.

He smirked feeling his heart swell at her saying his name but he still had to show her her place so she doesn't disobey or disgrace him.
" You're not to call me by name, yet. Alpha King for you as well," he ordered.
Wren nodded in understanding, after all, she wasn't anyone special, she was a commoner, in fact.
"Come sleep." He ordered lying down on the comfortable luxurious fur.
The young soon-to-be Luna turned to face him "I can't."
"Why?" he asked anger lacing his voice making her flinch in the process.
"It's inappropriate for a lady to sleep with someone who's not her husband," she softly expressed in an attempt to convince him.
The Alpha nodded, " Alright, we'll do it your way; you can sleep there." He pointed towards a little spot made with white fur earning a quick nod.

As she lay down she started thinking of what was going to happen to her now that she was with what is believed to be the strongest man alive, she heard cruel stories about him from elders and she didn't enjoy them one bit. She has to escape from here no matter what, knowing that it's her only chance now that she's not far away from home, yet. She can reach her destination in a couple of days.

That's it she'll escape when he falls asleep. Wren waited for ages to hear his breath turn even. She stood up carefully not to wake him up and tiptoed her way to the entrance, the young girl looked out to see soldiers awake and guarding.

Carefully she made it to the other side of the tent towards the forest, Wren was only ten minutes into the forest running as fast as her legs can allow her when she heard his earth-shaking growl, she fell on the floor due to a tree branch, hyperventilating in fear she proceeded running for her freedom, she heard people running in the distance and in an instant Wren felt herself get pinned face first to the floor, her pained cries echoed through the forest.
The King made her stand up only for her to fall back down on the floor due to the impact of his slap; blood oozed from her lips and she couldn't stand up due to dizziness, Zanthus grabbed her hair before speaking "You're such a little fox, you'll learn to never deceive me." Wren cried in pain from the pressure on her scalp but didn't dare squirm to free herself, she knew that her previous decision was stupid enough for the day. Five of his soldiers were behind along with his Beta, the Alpha threw her on his shoulder and made his way back to his tent.

"She's dead the poor creature." Whispered one of the soldiers.

As he was about to get into his tent his beta called for him "Your majesty I beg you to reconsider punishing her. She's a fragile human being, she will never be able to go through any of your punishments." Begged Sam.
"What I do to my mate is none of your business, Sam ." Glared the King.
Wren couldn't stop the streams of tears as she hang there on his shoulder, fisting his shirt's fabric between her fingers in terror.
"But alpha," Sam went quiet as he earned a warning look from his Alpha King.

Entering his tent he threw her on his fur bed earning a wince of pain due to the impact.
"Never try escaping me again, NEVER EVER, you are MINE." He yelled making her jump in fear and cower as far as possible away from him.

Wren felt his large hand grab her by the ankle and position her smaller frame under his, " No, no, no. Don't please." She tried to struggle under him but to no avail, all her efforts went to drain as he was much bigger and much stronger than her. While she played around her village he played with villages, her human frame could never compete with his Lycan one.

She felt his breath on her neck as she wriggled under him, something sharp touched her neck as he licked a spot that made her knees go weak and her frame shake in something she has never experienced before an ear piercing scream echoed through the tent, a scream of pain, pain that made her go numb under him, his Luna couldn't bring herself to move a finger all she was capable of doing was looking up into his eyes with teary eyes and a quivering body. The King licked the blood seeping from his mark away to help with her healing process.

"The Alpha King marked our Luna." Voiced one of the soldiers as the others simply nodded acknowledging what just happened.

The Lycan King stood up staring at her small fragile physique trembling, Wren couldn't even cry out loud, tears just rolled down the sides of her face in silence, he crouched down turning her head slightly to see his work of art with a smirk plastered on his devilishly handsome features "Now you're officially MINE." he expressed in arrogance ignoring her state. His eyes fell on her bruised face from the slap, then noticed that she was profusely sweating and her shaking turned even harsher. He touched her forehead then her cheek, the girl was freezing.

"Now I'm officially your mate it's a must for you to sleep in my bed." He sneered laying down next to her.
Tears ran freely down the sides of her head, she felt vulnerable. Wren couldn't move and was in so much despair, in and out of consciousness. He embraced her little form between his strong arms as he covered her with his body supplying her with his heat.
"You'll soon feel better, sleep for now," He voiced, his deep voice sending shivers down her spine due to the proximity.
The young Luna gave into unconsciousness that took her away from the pain that she had to endure for the majority of the night hours.

When the morning came he checked her temperature and thankfully it was regulated and back to normal.

The King tried waking her up to eat, he looked down at his mate sleeping under him, she looked so defenceless and dainty, the nasty bruise on her left cheek turned purple and the dried blood on her lips bothered him, before he decided to check on his mark by removing her braided hair from the left side.

AN: Please don't forget to like and vote if you like this book. 💕