chapter eighteen

"Baby, wake up. We're here." Daniel said quietly and nudged your shoulder. You had fallen asleep on him during the plane ride to Bora Bora. You sat up in your seat, stretching your limbs and collecting yourself to get off the plane. The two of you walked off into the airport, excitedly grabbing your luggage and looking for your car. For your honeymoon, you picked the destination but Daniel set everything else up so it would be perfect for you. The car to the resort, the fanciest honeymoon suite he could manage, and a week's worth of plans for the both of you. You found your car and sat in the backseat beside Daniel. You bounced your leg anxiously and he put his hand on your knee, looking over at you smiling. "Someone's getting excited." he said and you broke out in a cheesy grin. "Duh! This place is beautiful." you beamed and he grabbed your hand, kissing your knuckles, "Just wait 'til you see where we're staying." You were so ecstatic, laying your head on Daniel's shoulder as you rode to the hotel. The car pulled up to the front entrance of the hotel of the resort, and your eyes went wide. It was such a beautiful location, you could see the ocean from the window in the lobby. Daniel checked the two of you in and you headed up to your suite. You walked in and gasped at the room; it had a king sized bed with rose petals littered all over it, a balcony that had a direct view of the white sandy beach, and you noticed a bucket of ice with a champagne bottle in it. You set your bags down and went to look at the bucket. It had 'Congratulations' inscribed on it and the placecard in front of it said 'Mr. and Mrs. Seavey'. A chill ran down your spine as you read the card and a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. "What do you think?" Daniel asked, resting his chin on your shoulder. You turned in his arms and grabbed onto his biceps, smiling up at him. "I love it, Dani. It's so perfect. Thank you so much." you beamed, and he leaned down to kiss you. "Only the best for you, Mrs. Seavey." You sighed contently, looking directly into his bright blue eyes. "I will never get over hearing you say that."

After a short nap to recover from the long flight, you and Daniel decided to go out to dinner. Daniel called and placed a reservation at a gorgeous restaurant near the ocean. You were getting ready in the bathroom, adding the finishing touches to your makeup. You wore a white dress and some sandals, keeping it simple. Daniel wore blue dress pants and a white button down shirt, the buttons halfway undone. "We've been married for two weeks and we're already matching." you chuckled once he opened the door adjoining the bathroom to the rest of the room to show you his outfit. "You gotta admit, we do look really good." he said with a smile, looking you up and down. "I have a really hot wife." he breathed. You finished putting on your lip gloss and looked over at Daniel, smacking your lips with a 'pop'. He smirked at you and you winked at him, "Yes, you do. I also have a really hot husband." Daniel walked over to you and grabbed your hand, pulling you towards him. You wrapped your arms around his torso and he ran his thumb over your cheek, admiring every detail of your face. "I am so in love with you." he whispered. Instead of responding, you leaned in and kissed him, letting your body relax into his. When you pulled away, he smacked his lips together, "Now we're both wearing lipgloss." You giggled and lead him towards the door so you could get going for dinner.

The restaurant was beautiful, the sun setting over the ocean as you took your seats at the table for two. The whole place was dimly lit with twinkling lights and soft music filled the space. You gazed at Daniel in absolute bliss, not even bothering to hide your staring when he made eye contact with you. He grabbed your hand from across the table and stroked the top of your hand with his thumb, giving it a gentle squeeze. The dinner went well, the two of you laughing and enjoying the delicious food. After Daniel paid the bill, he grabbed your hand and lead you to the restaurant's outside balcony above the beach. You leaned on the railing, closing your eyes while taking in the cool breeze and salty smell of the ocean. Daniel stood behind you and wrapped his arms securely around your waist, resting his chin on your shoulder. "It's so beautiful here, thank you for making this happen." you said, leaning your head against his. Daniel kissed your cheek and held you a little tighter. "Anything for you, my love."

The next morning you and Daniel slept in until noon, waking up to the bright afternoon sun beaming through the light curtains of your room. You opened your eyes and rolled over to see Daniel still fast asleep. His lips were slightly parted and his blonde hair was a mess, sticking in all different directions. He had light scruff along his jawline and he looked so peaceful. You took a moment to lay there and admire how beautiful he was. Everything about him, even in a still moment like this where he wasn't even awake, took your breath away. You lightly began tracing his jaw with your pointer finger, moving up to stroke his cheek and run the pad of your finger down the slope of his nose. His eye twitched a little and you stifled a laugh, leaning closer to gently leave a kiss right where his jaw met his neck. You looked back up to see if it woke him up and you were met with pale blue eyes and a slight smirk hanging from his lips. You smiled cheekily, kissing the same spot again. Daniel tucked his arm under your waist and pulled you into his side, sighing deeply and closing his eyes again. "Babe, it's noon. We have to get up at some point." you mumbled into his chest, tracing light patterns on his skin. "Mmm, I know. I just wanna hold you a little bit longer." he said, his voice low and raspy from sleep. So for the next half hour, that's exactly what you did. You laid there together, half-asleep and completely at peace. Everything was perfect. It felt like you were the only two people in the world and you never wanted it to end. Obviously, it eventually did. The both of you decided to get up and threw on the complimentary white bathrobes. You took a few mirror pictures-for the memories and social media-before ordering room service and getting ready for the day. Today you two were taking a relaxed day, spending it at the beach. You wore your favorite bathing suit and Daniel wore dark blue swim trunks. You packed a bag for yourselves and then headed out of the hotel and down to the beach.

You laid a towel down on the white sand and put on sunscreen before sliding your sunglasses onto your eyes and laying down. You soaked up the sun, basking in the warmth on your skin. Daniel did the exact same thing next to you but little did you know, he forgot to put on sunscreen despite the numerous times you reminded him. After a while you got hot and sat up, pulling on Daniel's arm. "Let's go in the water." Daniel looked at you for a second before shooting up and racing towards the waves, "Race ya there!" he shouted and you scrambled to your feet to chase after him. Once you caught up to him, you hopped on his back and he stumbled you both into the water. You resurfaced and splashed him, the both of you laughing uncontrollably. The water was shallow so you walked into the crystal blue ocean up to right above your belly button. Daniel followed close behind and you clung to him, wrapping your legs around his waist. The two of you played in the waves like children for hours, splashing and building sand castles at the edge of the water. Eventually you both got cold and headed back to pack up your things and go back to the hotel.

After both of you showered, you stepped out of the bathroom to find Daniel sitting on the balcony of your suite. He was staring up at the beginning stages of the night sky, seemingly lost in thought. You wrapped a cardigan around yourself, sliding the door open to join him. He turned to you with a smile forming on his face as he patted his knees, gesturing for you to sit down. You sat on his lap, snuggling into his torso and following his gaze to the sky. "What's on your mind?" you asked quietly and he kissed your shoulder. "You." he said and you rolled your eyes. "I'm serious, Daniel. What are you thinking about?" "I'm being serious. I'm thinking about you. You and us and our future together. It still feels like a dream that I never want to wake up from." he said. You turned to face him and grabbed his chin, pulling him in for a kiss. You settled back into your previous position and he tapped his fingers on your thigh. "Do you want to have kids?' he asked and you nodded. "Yeah, I thought we talked about this." you said curiously and Daniel bit his lip. "We have, but like, how soon do you want to have kids?' he asked sheepishly and you turned again. "Um, how soon do you want to have kids?" you retorted and he shrugged. "Honestly, as soon as you're willing to. I don't want to rush us into anything or pressure you, I just can't get over the idea of a little human, the perfect mix of you and I, existing in the world." Daniel gushed and you smiled, standing up. "Let's go." you said, holding out your hand. Daniel shot you a confused look but followed your lead anyways. "Go where?" "Let's go try for a baby." you stated plainly and his face lit up. "Wait, like right now? We're doing this?" he asked, half shocked and half excited. You laughed and nodded, "Yes, we're doing this." you said and before you could speak again, Daniel was carrying you bridal style to the bed.