Love Again #13 (A Hood Love)

"Somebody real is hard to find somebody worth all your time somebody who can tell you the truth someone who loves you for you".
~Tink~
(Treat me like somebody)

(Anika's POV)

I opened the door a little wider motioning for him to come inside.

He followed behind me watching my every move eyeing me closely. I immediately regretted wearing what I had on I looked a hot mess. I had my hair in a very messy bun,my adventure time pajama pants and a tank top with my bunny slippers.

I lead him to the living room and told him to take a seat while I got Deondre from the kitchen.

"Deondre" I said causing him to look up from his phone.

"Wassup ma" he asked

"Umm...your brothers here" I said

"Da fuck you mean my brother is gone. You need to stop playin" he said turning back to his phone.

"Deondre I'm serious" I said " he's in the living room he looks just like you".

"Man fuck out of here" he said not looking up.

"Bruh why da fuck you talkin to baby girl like dat?" Ace's brother said coming into the kitchen.

"I-" but he was cut off.

"Nah nigga ion wanna hear it. I should beat yo lil ass right now fa dat shit. Apologies nigga" he said crossing his arms over his chest.

"I apologies ma" Deondre said looking into my eyes with sincerity in his voice.

"It okay" I said looking at my feet for a while.

"I'll just let you guys catch up. It was nice to meet you.." I started but didn't know his name.

"Trey" he said giving me one of those famous crooked smiles that Ace always gives me.

I continued my walk up the stairs finding my way to my bedroom I felt tired all of a sudden. Although it was still morning time I pulled the covers over my head sinking deep into bed. An slowly but surely I fell right to sleep.

(Deondre's POV)

"Whats up lil bro?" My big brother Trey asked with raised eyebrows.

I was beyond shocked,I really didn't know what to say. My big brother was the only person I really had in my life. My moma is a crack addict and my daddy been gone. Trey was suppose to be in prison for 2 more years.

"Nigga how you get out so soon?" I asked giving him a brotherly hug.

"Good behavior" he said making his way toward the fridge.

"Damn,you and good behavior don't even sound right in the same sentence" I said chuckling.

"Yeah I know man but I been tryna do better" he said

I looked at my brother and I really could say he was the one person I looked up to,the one person I trusted. He was quiet but watched everything around him. He rarely slipped up.......

(Flashback)

"Nigga come on" Trey yelled at me " we gotta make this drop".

"Ight mane" I said coming down the stairs,placing my gun in the folds of my pants as we headed out the house.

"Where we headed to?" I asked Trey as we drove down the messed up streets of cali.

"Nigga stop asking so many questions" he said "just sit back and ride"