Love Again #18 (A Hood Love)

"You got me in chains, you got me in chains, you got me in chains for your love, but I wouldn't change, I wouldn't change, I wouln't change this love..."
~Nick Jonas~

{Anika's POV}

It had been one week since Deondre, Trel, Rambo and Lost turned up at the door step with blood covering their bodies from head to toe. They scared Dee so bad she cried for three days straight.

Ace still wouldn't tell me what happened that night. He barely even talked to me he barely even looked at me. He left early in the mornings and came back late at night.

I couldn't even get any sleep at night. That night they all came home it took me and Kayla hours and hours to get them all cleaned up. They only had a few cuts but the blood that covered each of them was thick.

I placed Shay in her car seat strapping her in. She would be spending the weekend with Moma Luis.

After I made sure Shay was properly in the car I took my place in the drivers seat. Pulling out of the drive way and out the big gates that blocked me from the out side.

***********

"Hey moma" I said stepping into her small cozy home.

"Hey chile" she said motioning us inside .

I followed her into the living room taking a seat on the couch. Moma Luis set across from me while Shay ran into her arms with a coolade smile giving her a bear huge.

"You hungry?" Moma Luis asked me. I shook my head no. Watching as Shay ran off to some other part of the house.

"Why you look so down gurl?" Moma Luis asked leaning foward with raised eyebrows.

"Nothing Moma im just a little tired" I told her partly telling the truth.

"See I know you lien to me. You ain't never looked so stressed out in your life. I been knowin you since you was lil bitty" she said using her fingers to demonstrate. "I've watched you and Tekayla grow all these years an I know when something is wrong".

I sighed inwardly "Well me and Deondre have been together for a while and we were doing good I guess. Then a few days ago he came home coverd in blood. He wouldn't tell me what happend, he just wouldn't talk to me he still wont. He only says a few words and that's only if nesassary. I don't know what to do" I said folding my hands across my chest.

Moma Luis shook her head and stared at me for a while. "Listen chile a man is going to be a man all the days of his life. Whatever is going on you gotta let him have his time and space. He'll tell you on his on time. All you need to do right now is be his back bone don't stress" she said.

I nodded my head giving her a small smile. "Your right" I said.

"I know I am lil gurl" she said cracking a smile and standing up.

I stood up also as she pulled me into a hug. I embraced her back feeling better than I had in days.

"Shay" I called out as I stood at the door.

I could hear her feet coming closer a I stood their waiting. She soon apeared around the corner carrying a doll the same size as her. I laughed out laughed watching her struggle to carry the doll that probaly weighed more than her.

"Lowk mommy" she said lifting the doll up into my face and waving it all around "Grandma gave it two meh".

"It sure is cute" I said gently touching the doll with curly red hair and big blue eyes.

"Yup" she said happly "And she's all mine".

I smiled shaking my head "Alright baby i'm gonna go. You gonna be good right?" I asked bending down so that I was directly face to face with her.

"Yeshh" she said blinking her eyes together rapidly.

"Aight den, gimmie a hug" I said oppening my arms wide.

She dropped her doll embracing me into a big hug. I pulling her closer before finally letting her go.

I kissed her all over her face leaving sloppy wet spots as she giggled uncotrolably trying to get out of my embrace.

I stood to my feet giving Moma Luis one last hug brfore telling Shay I loved her and exiting the house.

Getting into my car I silently got on the highway going on a job hunt.

*******

As soon as I walked in the house I was hit with questions.

"Where you been?" He asked setting down the paper that he was orginaly reading.

I stared at him supprised he even was here tonight.

"Out" I said dropping my MK bag to the floor and slipping off my heels.

He raised an eyebrow, rubbed his hand swiftly across his face and licking his lips all at the same time.

I rolled my eyes walking into the kitchen for a drink.

I made my way to the fridge but as soon as I pulled on the handle the door was forcefully closed.

I turned around coming face to face with Ace.

"What?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Ion know who the fuck you think you talkin to but I know one thing you betta fix ya fuckin attitude. I asked you a question. Where the fuck you been?" He said his body closer to mine and his eyes a deep dark shade of gray.

I turned my head away trying to avoid his gaze that seemed to stare right through me.

"I went job hunting and then I just stayed at the park" I told him truthfully.

He sighed loudly "So you was just chillen at the fuckin park till twelve at night huh? That dont make no damn since. I swear on my life if you fuckin around on me i'm killin him and i'm fuckin you up" he said.

I pushed him away from me shaking my head angerly.

"Fuckin around on you? I'd never do that I freakin love you to much. When you love somebody you never try to hurt them. The only reason why I was gone for so long is because I needed some space to think. Your barely around an when you are we dont talk. You wont tell me what happend to you. I'm just tired and scared why are you pushing me away?" I asked resting my hand on his right cheek.

He put his hand over mine closing his eyes "I almost found the man that is after you. We almost got him. We killed lots and lots of his men b-but we missed him" he said slamming his fist on the counter top.

I could see he was angry losing is definantly something he dosent like.

"I failed Anika but i'm not stopping until he gets what he deserves. I have to get him before he gets me well gets us" he said clenching his jaw.

I pulled his body close to mine wrapping my arms around his neck "You'll get him next time baby" I said softly kissing his lips.

He gave me that crooked smile that I missed and gently set me on the counter top placing small kisses all over my neck...

So im gonna need atleast 3+ votes and comments before I update. So yeah please VOTE|COMMENT...

LOVE YOU GUYS❤✔

~REES~✔✔✔