ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ ³⁴

(Midoriyas POV)

We had a double lesson with all might, we did another villain training thing. It was easier than last week since it was against each other instead of against all might. The last lesson of the day was english, and it was quite boring. I just zoned out thinking about what I was going to make for dinner.

The end of the day finally came, and as soon as the bell rang, everyone rushed out the classroom like they were gonna die. I hung my bag over my shoulder, then began to walk to the door. Should I make pork cutlet bowls? Or would Aizawa prefer curry...

As soon as I walked out of the classroom, I sensed someone's hand coming towards me. I quickly grabbed their wrist then looked towards them. It was a casually dressed man. He had glasses on, and his eyes had different shapes in them.

'Who are you..' I asked.
My aura went slightly intimidating, I don't know why. He looked a bit nervous.
'I'm Yakudatsu Kanjō*... your counsellor- didn't Aizawa tell you that you'd see me every Monday afternoon?'
(*not an actual BNHA character)

'Oh yeah.. he did...' I let go of his arm then looked at the window, it was still broken from this morning.
'Buuuutt... I don't want help..' I said, and I ran to the window and jumped out of it. When I landed on the ground, my body was suddenly frozen in ice. It wasn't me! I didn't use my power.

Todoroki slid down an ice path and landed next to me.
'You shouldn't run away from help..' todoroki said.
He used his fire side to melt the ice, then he dragged me up the ice slide. I sighed. I could get away, but I decided I didn't want to deal with Aizawa later.

'Thank you todoroki-san...' Yakashittsu or whatever his name was said.
Todoroki waved and left.
'Oi... can I call you Kanjo? Your last name is long.. and I already forgot it..' I said.
He looked and me and nodded with a smile, then he grabbed my wrist making me flinch. I'd cut myself last night, so his grip hurt.

'I normally get people to call me Kanjo anyway..' he said as he dragged me all around the school.
'Do you counsel other kids here?' I asked.
'No.. I was called here specifically for you, but they decided it'd be good to start a counselling unit so the kids here can let out their troubles.. im the head of that department for the moment, I think another two ladies and one man start next week too...' Kanjo said.

'Huh... will you be counselling other kids?' I asked.
'For the moment, I've been asked to focus on you, but once you start improving I'll do sessions with other kids!' He beamed.
I don't know how he is so happy, and I don't like it. People as happy as him can't exist.

He walked through sliding doors that had 'mental health' written on them. There was a small reception desk, waiting room, and four other doors down a hallway. The place still had a few accessories that needed to be put in, but there were pot plants and lots of windows that made the place feel open and calming.

He let go of my wrist, then unlocked a door to one of the rooms. His name was on the door.
'After you..' he said.
I walked into the room, he walked in after me and closed the door.

The room wasn't as big as a classroom, but was a decent size. There was a nice big desk in one corner with a tinted window next to it, there were a few pot plants too. There was a two seater couch and two one seater couches, then a small table in the middle. In another corner there was a bookshelf.

'Sit wherever, you can lay down too if you'd like...'
I sat down on one of the couches. He picked up a clipboard with paper on it and boiled a kettle on his desk.
'Would you like a drink? Coffee or tea?' He asked.
'Um.. coffee would be lovely...' I said.

He took two mugs from a shelf and put coffee in each, then sugar in one.
'Sugar?' He asked.
'No thanks...' I said.
He poured hot water in them both, then a splash of milk in them both. He sat one in front of me on the table, then sat down and put his in front of him.

'Now... I'll tell you a bit about myself. My names Kanjo Yakudatsu, I'm a GP/psychiatrist and I'm 26 years old... I've worked with people your age for about a year, for the moment I'm working here mondays and Thursdays, since I'm head of the department... on tuesdays I work at CAMHS, and I've got three more clients there.. once I've helped them get better, I'll be full time here!' He said with a smile.

'Nice to meet you.. I'm Izuku Midoriya and Aizawa is my foster dad.. I go to UA..' I said in monotone.
'Okay.. I don't know much about you, all I know is you're a villain, and the principal believes you can change, yes?' He said.
I nodded.

'And also, your mental health isn't too good at the moment...' he said in a calm voice.
My heart thudded a bit. I saw shapes in his eye spin a bit, he put on a little smile. I stared at his eyes, they were turquoise, but his pupils were a dark blue instead of black.

There was a ring in the middle of his iris, and shapes on the outer side of the ring in his iris. The shapes were slowly spinning.
'I guess..' I murmured.

'Can you tell me about it?' He asked.
'..um... well I was bullied since I was a kid, and... I was quirkless, so everyone in my class would laugh at me... because all I wanted was to be a hero... then I met all might, and he branded me worthless too, then I lost all hope and tried to kill my self when mum went away...' I explained.

In his eyes, the little shapes spun around faster. He looked at his clip board and wrote some stuff down.
'What happened after that..' he asked calmly.
'Well, obviously it didn't work.. but there was a voice in my head, that eventually was telling me to become a villain, and destroy everyone who brands me worthless...' I said.
He wrote stuff down and nodded.

'Have you ever.. thought about a leaf, and how, if it's part of a tree, it's civilised like all the others? And to fit in, you need to be a part of that tree.. but there's the ones that aren't... the leaves that fall, the ones that are worthless, useless... and once they hit the ground, they crumble up, they're nothing important. They're below the others. But, I saw a leaf fly... fly above the tree, until it was so high you couldn't see it.. it was above them. It flew above the others, and it remained relevant. That leaf is me... I can be better, by destroying hero's. Because all they think matters is a strong quirk. But I'm quirkles-'

I froze. No I'm not. You're not. You've failed at that goal too, jeez, you're so bad at life! Everything I do for you, you fuck up. You're fucked up, you should crumble.
I was trembling. Frozen, and staring at the wall. I started scratching at my wrists. Look at you! You cant even handle the truth!

'..riya.. Midoriya...' I looked towards Kanjo, he looked worried.
'Why are you so scared? Don't hurt yourself please..'
'It- Uh.. it's nothing just.. voices..' I stammered.
'What kind of voices?' He asked.
'It's me.. but.. a bit older.. and intimidating..'

He wrote stuff down. I took a deep breath, then picked up the coffee and took a sip.
'And.. you say you have a quirk now?' He asked.
I choked on the coffee. Shit, not again.