The Bet

“The challenge starts at nine right?” the cat girl asks her new captain.

“Why so late Miss Kitten?” the overly laid back man inquires.

“Because I have to get ready. And stop calling me that.”

“Stop ordering me around Miss Kitten,” the man’s teasing tone turns more belligerent.

“Tch. Whatever,” Amina huffs and heads towards the shops and such. “What should I wear? What should I wear? What is the best thing to wear to attract a man?”

The teenager hops from shop to shop, scavenging for her prize. Too many frills. Too poofy. She sighs. I hate this. Who’d want to attract a man’s attention anyway?

In a huff she sulks into a diner and bar.

Her ear twitches underneath her new fuzzy hat. “That woman over there is fiiiine.”

“I’d like a piece of that.”

Amina glances at the lewd men next to her. With only a split second of glancing, she ducks underneath her seat. The men that she had been looking at go flying across the room.

Holy shit. Her golden orbs look up to the source of the blow.

A woman now stands where the men once were. She glowers down at the pile of bodies, “useless trash. How dare you even speak of me in such a way.” Her silver eyes darken at the site, like she is still about to blow. “Tch, the pigs.”

She runs her right hand through her black hair, which has a single silver streak in it, pushing back her long bangs to the back of her head. Her silver tank top hugs her more than average sized chest, her black denim shorts are loose on her thighs and her black leather boots are skin tight on her calves. The stranger turns away from her work and grabs her coat that was hanging on, what Amina assumes is her chair, and storms out of the bar.

“Woah,” was all the black haired girl could say. She glances down at the vulgar men and throws some belli on the table. She scurries after the woman. “Miss! Wait up! Wait up!”

The woman in front of her turns the corner and weaves in and out of the crowded market place.

“I said wait! Up!” Amina hisses and tackles the woman to the ground. “Now that I have your, attention!”

“Get off of me,” the stranger exclaims and headbutts her attacker. “What the hell do you want anyway?”

Amina gives her the biggest puppy dog eyes she could imagine and begins to explain her situation really fast, “well you see... my stupid captain and I have a bet and I need to attract a man before he attracts a woman and obviously men are attracted to you sopleaseteachme?” At the end of her request she exhales deeply.

“No.”

“But!”

“I said no, now go away.”

“But if Law wins I’ll be at his mercy,” Amina pleads. “Please, please! I’m desperate!”

The stranger’s silver eyes widen slightly and then return to their normal state. Trafalgar Law huh?.. I could use this to my advantage. “All right. But you have to do exactly as I say.”

“Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” the feline exclaims and bear hugs the older woman.

“That,” the woman shoves the teenager off of her. “Is the first thing that has to stop.”

“What’s your name?” Amina inquires.

“Hakai,” she states and stands up. Briskly she grabs the collar of Amina’s shirt and drags her to a clothing store down the street.