The Tinkerer

Amina's eyes narrow. "What do you know about her?"

"Patience now," the female next to her practically glowed. Bingo.

"What do you want?" the feline hisses under her breath, her golden eyes turning to slits.

"Now now. You see there isn't a need to be rash," the alluring woman purrs. "Is your goal not to defeat her?"

The cat digs her claws into the tabletop in front of her. "That is none of your business."

Sensing the hostility that radiates from the duo the Heart Pirate Captain moves up to the bar, a few seats over from them but still in listening range.

"I know where she is," silver hair coos.

"Tell me."

"Sending you there would be suicide. You know she is up in the ranks in the marines don't you? With your current level of power you'll never be able to defeat her. She's known for her amazing abilities to create the most amazing weapons. Valene the Tinker is her nickname," licking her lips she continues. "Not only that but she ate the Inu Inu no Mi and gained powers of the dog." 

Knowing Hakai spoke the truth Amina recoils her fist and composes herself. "Why are you telling me this?"

"I have a proposition for you."

"That is what?"

"Let me travel with you and train you for a while."

"First off, I don't have the ability to grant that request. Second, why would you want to do that?" Amina questions not trusting the woman. 

"I like you kid. I need a ride and that woman is a hindrance to someone very special to me. I want her eliminated," the vixen next to her retorts.

"Like I said. I cannot grant your request."

That woman seems very familiar. I can't place her. I know I've met her before. Not bothering to hide himself any more Trafalgar moves over a few seats and is now sitting by his kitten. "She may travel to the next island with us on one condition."

Startled from the sudden appearance Amina turns into her kitten form and latches onto his shirt with her claws. "Don't do that!" she hisses still gripping him.

Absentmindedly he strokes her back and she settles down.

"And that is?" Hiroko inquires with a raised brow.

"You are supervised at all times."

"You have a deal Mr. Trafalgar Law," she mockingly bows and stands up. "If you don't mind I think it is time for me to return to my room now." Without waiting for a response she takes her leave.

Amina sits on Law's lap staring at him, or rather the strings on his hoodie.

Curiously he watches her. 

A few moments pass and she swats at one string and then the other. Grinning to herself she just keeps smacking them. Slightly amused he watches and then pats her head.

"Can I get you something sir?" the barkeep asks him.

"Just some water and a little thing of milk please." His fingers run underneath her chin and she settles onto his lap. "Now Miss Kitten care to tell me who this Tinkerer is?"

"I'll ignore the Miss Kitten part for now. And that woman is my sister."

The bartender places the milk and water on the counter.

Law places her onto the counter and she laps up the milk. "Why do you want to defeat her?"

"She left us. All alone. My sister was only around a year old and I was five. If Captain Mallory hadn't picked us up we would have been dead. I don't necessarily want to defeat her just get answers. She won't give them unless she feels she has to. If I beat her then she will tell me what I want to hear. I need to get stronger. I have to."

"I guess that means it is time to start your training then huh?"

Amina yawns and lays down on the counter. Once she is asleep Law pays the tab and scoops her into his arms. He grabs her clothes and heads back into the sub. Passing by Penguin and Shachi he decides it's a bad idea to take her to her room and decides to bring her to his. If I start going into her room late at night people are going to get the wrong idea.

He kicks off his shoes and discards his shirt and pants. He places her underneath the blanket on the opposite side of the bed as him and goes straight to sleep.

"Hey  Bepo what do you want to do today?" Tevy wonders while window shopping.

"I don't know," he replies while trying to hide himself from everyone's stares.

She puts her arms behind her head and glances about. 

"I think we should go back to the ship," Bepo mutters to her.

"Why Bepo?" the child asks the giant teddy bear next to her.

"We're being followed."

"Can't you handle them? You know give them the old one two!" she giggles and makes punching and kicking motions in the middle of the street.

"Hey watch where you're going!" a boy around her age shouts. Her last movement slapped him in the face. 

"My bad!" she shouts back waving him off. "You worry too much Bepo."

A cloud of gloom materializes above him, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay Bepo! I forgive you for being a worry wart."

"Fufufufufu good job. I knew you could do it. You are my best spy after all."

Hakai Hiroko smirks. "I told you I had a good feeling about this one."

"If this plan works not only will you have intel on Law but that marine will be out of the way as well."

"Now onto phase two of this plan. Just to insure that the cat will go after the dog."

"You were right Bepo," the young teenager grits her teeth and glares at the men surrounding her.

"Tevy Zahara former member of the Crimson Kiss, you are under arrest!" 

"Do we have to arrest her sir I mean she is just a child."

The other marines nod in agreement.

"Yes we do, orders from headquarters."

Bepo takes a fighting stance and as soon as a marine takes a step forward he sends them flying. This repeats for a bit. Tevy gets as close as possible to the bear without being a hindrance. 

Annoyed by the lack of progress the woman watches from afar. I guess I'll just have to speed this up. In a flash she was behind the bear and stabs him in the arm with dagger.

The sudden pain causes him to grab his arm in shock. The distraction earns him a boot to the face which knocks him out.

"Should we capture the bear too?"

"No. Leave him. He will be our messanger," she glances around at the men. "What are you idiots waiting for? Take the girl and get the hell out of here!"

Scrambling at her bark one of the men throws Tevy over his shoulder and they make a run towards the marine base on the island.

"Bepo!" the girl screams. "Bepo!"

"Now for you bear," the woman grabs his arm and wraps it around her neck. Lift with your legs and not your back. She hoists him off the ground and heads towards the Heart Pirate's very unusual ship, Bepo's very large legs dragging behind her. 

"Hey! Can you give me a hand!" she shouts up at the crew that is loitering on the deck. "I believe he's one of yours."

The men on board rush to her. One rushes inside yelling for the captain.

"Bepo!"

~Authors note~

Alas! Another chapter is written. I just couldn't stop last night. I'm really having fun with this story. Now if only I can figure out what to do with my other one that would be great. Hopefully ideas will get spawned soon. I'm watching One Piece-I've read the manga three times now (random note: I always noticed how Luffy doesn't drink alcohal and then the episode where he is in a bar and the bartender drinks milk with him. It makes me wonder. What does he drink when they are all giving cheers when they celebrate). Anyway! Thank you for reading. I hope I'm not making anybody out of character.