Mew Mew Island

“Look at all the cats!” Tevy squeals after she departs the ship.

Amina sighs and turns to face the giant metal fish, I never did learn what it is called.

“Bepo! Come on let's go explore!”

The bear follows her without a word.

Amina sighs and turns toward the captain. “Thank you very much,” she says with a bow. “Do you think Bepo would mind babysitting for a little while?”

“I'm sure he doesn't mind,” the carefree-looking young man states, adjusting his fuzzy hat so that nobody can see the top half of his face.

An eager smile finds its way onto the elder sister's face. I haven't had a chance like this in what feels like forever.

“Hey you punk!” a disgruntled voice echos to the right of her. Amina's eyes narrow and turns her focus to the alley way next to her. “Give me back the fruit!”

“P-please sir! I-i d-don't kn-now w-what y-you are t-t-talking 'b-bout!” a small child stutters.

Is that a little boy or a little girl? Amina watches as the beefy male lifts up the frail-looking object and tightens his grip, the muscles on his hands beginning to show. “That's enough!” she exclaims, glowering at what she can see of the stranger.

“Mind your own business bitch this boy was suppose to deliver a package to me,” the muscly man practically hisses at her, tightening his grip on the poor child causing him or her to whimper.

That reply earns him a sandal to the face causing him to loosen his grip on the child, who Amina snatches into her arms. “Don't hurt a child.”

The man stumbles up, “who the hell do you think you are?”

The young woman blinks at him, “I am me.” She shrugs the man off, he isn't much of a threat, and strolls out of the alley way. “What did you do to make him want to kill you?” her voice softens and her gaze fixes on the small boy in her arms.

“I dropped his important package,” the boy whimpers.

Interesting. A package valuable enough to kill for. “What was in it?” she soothingly whispers.

“I dunno,” he replies and begins to cry.

“Hey now, that's enough of that,” she coos and rubs his back. “If we find it I'll make sure that man never comes near you again.”

He hiccups and looks up at her. “You'd do that for me miss?”

A smile plays on her lips, “only if I get to keep the precious package.”

“Deal miss! I'd rather have my life any day!”

“Are you sure you dropped it somewhere over here?” Amina scans the nearly empty street.

“Mhmm, well... not necessarily dropped it. You see I got bumped and the package... kinda flew out of my hands and landed over on that roof top over there.”

“Are you shittin' me?” she inquires with a raised eyebrow.

“No ma'am! I promise on my very soul!”

Hmmm. I'm not tall enough to latch onto the side... Not to mention heights never were my friends... “Hey kid if I hoist you up there will you get it? I promise I'll catch you on the way down.”

“M-me? G-go up there?” he didn't seem to like this idea.

“I'll pay you a hefty price.”

The boy stops his thoughts and licks his lips, contemplating the idea.