Chapter 5: Osgiliath

Elayna's POV.

An hour later we land in Osgiliath. Immediately I am assaulted by the stench of fear and decay. Turning and looking to the small group of Orcs assembled on one side of the ruined battlement I smile. Though you can't tell that I am beneath my mask. There are a pile of bodies scattered around and I revel in it. This unholy beast inside me delighted at the thought of the blood spilled because of my troops. A very disfigured Orc approaches. "My lord. King of the Nazgûl, what news from the Master?" he asks, eyeing me suspiciously. The Witch King turns slowly to him and waits for a moment. "We wait for them to rallying and try to retake Osgiliath... then we fight back. Let them spend their soldiers and dim their hope before our forces arrive," the Witch King hisses. I nod and look across the plain to see an enclosed city standing against the the sheer face of a mountain.

"Minas Tirith shall fall against the might of Sauron"

"Minas Tirith shall fall against the might of Sauron". I have no idea what happened next. I know the Witch King and the Orc were speaking to each other, but I zoned out. I was looking at Osgiliath from a different perspective. It almost seemed like I was across there... In Minas Tirith? With a man standing beside me... he was dressed in white, carrying a stick. Before I can try to keep pushing, to figure out this strange sensation there is a loud screech from beside me and I shake my head. This seems to clear whatever I was thinking out of my mind and I refocus. "I'm sorry. What did I miss?" I ask looking at the two figures waiting for me to answer. The Orc pauses and closes his eyes before repeating himself. "What of the prisoners, My Lady?" he sounds curious, and suspicious. I think for a second. What would really send a message? I smile cruelly under my mask, maybe now it is a small blessing that no one can tell! "Why we send them back of course!" my tone is light and eyes wide. Chuckling when I see the anger I was expecting that statement to garner I speak again. "Of course, they'll be sent back piece by piece, they're no used to their cause alive anymore. I mean, look at them..." I pause as I slide of Vexx's back and move towards the prisoners. I then inspect them and I revel at seeing the hatred in their eyes. Poking one soldier over a wound I almost shudder when he yelps. "They'll probably die before we get to cut them up!". I can tell they know I'm pouting. But I turn at a happy cheer from the Orcs assembled around.

"Did I miss something?" I ask, my voice icy. They immediately stop cheering and look away, panicked. "No My Lady, we were just betting on whether you were truly dedicated to us! We won," a particular group of Orcs pipe up and I nod. Then walk over to them I act as if I'm going to shake his hand but instead pull out a dagger and cut his hand off at the wrist. "That will teach you to place bets during working time. Get out of my sight," I hiss at them. Their eyes widen as they practically fall over each other to get out my way. After walking around Osgiliath I come back to Vexx and rub his scaly head. "Excuse me My Lady, would you care to rest for the night?" Gothmog, the commanding Orc speaks softly. I just nod and he leads me to a partially intact room. A camp bed of sorts has been set out in one corner and I move towards it. He leaves and I see two more Orcs take station outside the entry. Sighing I settle onto the camp bed and lie there until sleep takes me. Though I have the weirdest dream. I dreamt I was standing again in Mianas Tirith. But this time I was pregnant. When arms enclosed me and pulled me close. I settle into their embrace. But it feels different from my love. Taller, broader.  I turn to look up at the man and I see a face... It looks so familiar, yet I can't place it. Shaking I look up further to the crown atop his head. Who is this stranger? I wake up, panting. Shanking my head I look out towards the Orcs when a loud horn shakes me out of my stupor. Standing I stride past the Orcs in the doorway and make my way to the top battlement. There, in the distance I can see some of our troops just coming into view as there is commotion from behind me. More of the Nazgûl have arrived on their fell beasts and I move towards them.