Chapter seven: Training and the council of Elrond.

Elayna's POV.

I wake up the next morning to someone pounding in the door of my chamber. I get up noticing I'm not in my clothes that I was pretty sure went to bed in. I was in a long silky nightdress and my travelling clothes were nowhere in sight.

I couldn't see any sort of cover up so I answered the door but stood behind it, only peeking my head around it

I couldn't see any sort of cover up so I answered the door but stood behind it, only peeking my head around it. There was a male elf standing there, dressed in armour. "Miss Elayna I presume," he says with a smile. I smile and nod my head, someone took my hair out of the braid. "I am Langnir, my lady, I have been instructed to give you this and when you have on the clothes I shall come help you with the protective body wear," he says as he hands me a small package. "Oh, of course, I shall call you when I am ready," I say as I close the door. Quickly getting dressed in the tunic and trousers provided I slip my boots back on, with socks obviously. I quickly braid my hair and then I call for Langnir. He comes in with the protective body wear and helps me secure it around myself. "I feel like a downy pillow wearing this," I joke and he laughs. "Now my lady, if you would please follow me to the training grounds," he says as he begins to walk out. "Please just call me Elayna," I say to Langnir and he nods. "Well then for now I am Langnir, I do not doubt that will change later today. I have been told I am a hard taskmaster and usually the men come up with some very creative names for me by the end of the session. It will be interesting to see if you can top them," Langnir jokes back.

A few hours later after being knocked onto my back for the twentieth time I'm beginning to get tired. "You need to move your feet Elayna," Langnir chides. I get up and start circling him. He rushes me and it feels as though something has clicked inside me. I block his blow and move to counter attack. The two of us exchange blows as if I was a professional at this. I can see Langnir begin to sweat, unusual for an elf. A couple of minutes later I had Langnir pinned and my sword was at his throat. I quickly drop my blade and stand moving back quickly. "I have no idea how I just did that!" I exclaim. Langnir pushes himself to his feet. "Again," he commands. We fight for another two hours with me besting him a few more times. When eventually we stop I am exhausted. "It seems all you needed was to be pushed, you are a natural at this Elayna," Langnir praises. I smile and just lie on the ground. "You weren't kidding. I cannot move," I say to Langnir. He laughs and comes over to scoop me up. "Please I can walk," I say and he laughs again. "But your legs will not hold for long. I would suggest a nice hot soak in your chambers when we get back," he says. He strides back into the building and towards my room. When he opens the door there is a lady cleaning it. "Bronwyn, would you please draw the lady a hot bath?" Langnir asks and she nods, rushing off to the attached bathroom. He places me on my feet. "So again tomorrow?" I ask. "I think you are competent enough so I'm going to say you do not need it," Langnir says. I nod and shout "Thank heavens!". He laughs as he retreats and as he leaves Bronwyn comes back in.

"Your bath is ready, my lady," she tells me. "Please, call me Elayna and thank you very much," I say as I move past her. I stop before I enter the bathroom. "Bronwyn, did you change me last night?" I ask and she nods her head. "I did miss Elayna, you had fallen asleep in your clothes. Did I overstep my boundaries?" she asks sounding worried. I shake my head no. She sighs and smiles. "I shall leave a dress out for you Elayna, for dinner, it is not suitable for you to wear trousers to dinner," she says as she turns to leave. "Thank you," I shout as I walk further into the bathroom. I quickly disrobe and lower myself into the hot bath, sighing as I do so. I spend a good while in the pool, making sure I'm clean and I give my hair a good wash using some lavender oil. As I walk back into my chambers after drying myself, I see a beautiful grey dress laid out on the bed.