Chapter eight: The fellowship begins.

Aragorn's POV.
"I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though.. I do not know the way," Frodo says. "I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, so long as it is yours to bear," Gandalf says as he puts his hand on Frodo's shoulder. "If by my life or death, I can protect you, I will," I say as I stand and then move to kneel in front of Frodo. "You have my sword," I continue as I get up and move to get behind Frodo. "And you have my bow," Legolas says as he walks over and stands beside Frodo. "And my axe!" Gimli repeats the action but both he and Legolas exchange dark looks. "You carry the fates of us all little one. If this is indeed the will of the council, then Gondor will see it done," Boromir says as he moves slowly towards Frodo. I look over to Elayna and see she has begun to get up. There is no way she is coming. I cannot allow it. Before she can even take a step I am in front of her and I push her gently down onto the chair. "Do not move," I order. "I believe I asked you not to touch me your highness," she sneers, I freeze hearing the title I dread to hold. "And do you honestly think my brother will leave me here where he can't keep me out of trouble," she laughs as Frodo walks over and grabs her hand, pulling her over to the group. Damn it! I'd prefer her to be here where I know she is safe, because I can't keep myself away from her and I can't bear to think of her being in danger. As we rejoin the group I hear a shout and turn to see Sam running out from behind some bushes. "Neither Mr. Frodo nor Miss Elayna is goin' anywhere without me!" he states as he grabs Elayna's free hand and I feel a stab of jealously. "No indeed, it is hardly possible to separate you even when they are summoned to a secret council and you are not," Elrond says sounding amused as we all laugh. Then we see Merry and Pippin run out from behind some pillars. "Wait! We are coming too!" they shout.

"You'd have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us!" Merry says. "Anyway you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission, quest... thing," Pippin trails off sounding unsure. "Well that rules you out Pip," Merry says as we all chuckle again. "Ten companions... So be it! You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring!" Elrond exclaims. "Great! Where are we going?" Pippin asks. I move to follow Elayna as she leaves the terrace and as soon as I am beside her I grab her arm and pull her along behind me. I can hear her running trying to keep up but I am running on fury that she and Frodo would allow her to get into this kind of danger. When we get to her chambers I open the door, flings Elayna inside and then follow her in. "What was all that about? Were you in pain?" I asked. I am concerned because she tensed up and grew paler the second the Ring was produced, and what was with that order thing she did. That's a question for another day. "N-no your highness, I was just frustrated," she looks down and I can tell she's lying. "Do not lie to me little one, I saw the pain on your face and in your eyes. I think it would be best if you were to stay here," I say, silently hoping that she will agree. "You do not get to chose what I do. I will stay out of your way, Your Highness, all you have to do is stay out of mine. I'd like you to leave now," she says and then walks into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. I can feel the shock on my face that she called me by the title again. I know I never gave her my name and that I also spanked her and I can see why that is causing issues, but I will have to nip this Your Highness thing in the bud if she continues to do it.

Seeing as we are both going on this quest I must speak to Elrond about supplying her with weapons and hopefully some very strong body armour. With my growing feelings for Elayna I have decided that I will be making her mine. This journey gives me the perfect excuse to spend more time with her and to make sure she falls for me. Or maybe I don't have to make her, she seemed confused about her feelings, when I showed concern she softened but then got angry. Maybe she has feel is for me too. I leave, closing the door loudly behind me so she knows I have left. First stop, Elrond. Then Frodo and finally this will end in the destruction of the Ring and, hopefully, my marriage to Elayna.