Chapter twelve: The Journey from Lóthlorien

Elayna's POV.

I wake in the morning to Lady Galadriel's hand on my arm, shaking me awake. "Come quickly my dear. Your travelling clothes have been cleaned and are now fresh for you to put on," she says as she extends her hand for me to take. I gently place my hand in hers and we begin to ascend the stairs to her home. As I enter I see Celeborn seated at a table, eating some fruit. "There will be a banquet laid out for you all downstairs, we just wanted to make sure you have fully recovered from having Mithril embedded into your skin," he explains to me. I nod my head and follow Lady Galadriel into the bathing chambers where my clothes are laid out. As I begin to undress she inhales sharply. "Had there been any more pressure applied to the Mithril you wold not have been so lucky," she says to me. I look down to see my entire abdomen is black and blue. Ok, I need to keep this from Frodo and Aragorn, I doubt they will ever leave me alone then. After Galadriel applies some ointment to the bruises she deems me safe to dress and I do so with haste. Galadriel has insisted on braiding my hair, which I consented to because my entire body hurts. Then they release me to go and eat with the guys. After a very filling breakfast we start sorting out our packs and attaching our weapons. But I cant find my sword. I start to panic until I feel someone wrap their arms around me. "Looking for this?" Aragorn asks as he attaches the belt around my waist and makes sure it's secure. I blush and take a step away. "We still need to have that talk," he says in my ear before he steps away. I turn to face him and I stare up into his face. "You also never told me what they wanted last night," he said. I take a deep breath and look down, before turning my back on him. "You must promise never to repeat this... ever!" I say to him and I see him nod. "I was born with this... this ability. I can command people to do things, and they will do what I say. However, now it seems that Sauron has heard of me and is looking for me as I would be the perfect addition to his armoury," I say. I turn back to face him and I see him smile. "Frodo told me some days ago, I just wanted to see how long it would take to come clean," he smiles. I glare at him and finish putting stuff into my pack. "You aren't worried that I could be in more danger now?" I ask him and he smiles. "No because you will not be leaving my side, even if that means I have to shackle you to me," he says in a menacing voice and reaches around me to pick up my pack. I chase him around for awhile, ignoring the pains and finally get my pack back. Then we are ready to depart.

We meet Celeborn by the waters edge, we have been gifted with three boats and each member of the Fellowship is given an Elven cloak. "Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes," Celeborn says as he helps me fasten mine with a Lórien leaf badge. I turn to see that Legolas is putting supplies into a boat that Merry and Pippin are sitting in. He takes a piece of the bread they gave us out of the pack. "Lembas. Elvish waybread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man," Legolas explains. Merry and Pippin nod in agreement and then Legolas leaves. "How many did you eat?" Merry asks and Pippin looks guilty. "Four," he replies and I start laughing before I groan in pain. I turn around to see where Frodo is and I see Celeborn walking with Aragorn among the trees.
Then Lady Galadriel comes and asks us to line up. "My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin," she says as she hands him the bow. Legolas looks at the bow in wonder. "These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in war. Do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage," she says as she hands them a sheathed dagger each. "And for you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of hithlain," she says. "Thank you, my lady. Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers?" he asks sounding less than hopeful. Galadriel just smiles at Sam without responding. "And what gift would a dwarf ask of the Elves?" Galadriel asks. "Nothing. Except to look upon the lady of the Galadhrim one last time, for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth," he says. Galadriel laughs and Gimli starts to turn away, before turning around again. "Actually, there was one thing," he said mostly to himself. "No, no, I couldn't. It's quite impossible. Stupid to ask..." he trailed off. I didn't see what he got but he did get something. "For you, Aragorn. I offer e grace of the elves," she says as she hands him a necklace. It looks amazing. "Namárië. (Farewell)" she says and Aragorn repeats it.