Chapter 11: Rebuilding the King

Elayna's POV.

The minute I feel my mother's arms close around me I break down. This is it, no matter that we won, no matter that Frodo destroyed the ring, we died! There was no way he could have survived the mountain exploding. I broke my promise, I left him, Sauron was right in one thing, I'd never get my happy ending with him. I sob and sob for what feels like hours. At some point I had crumpled to the floor, so my mother sat on the ground shushing and rocking me as my father gently rubbed my back. Once I finally calmed down enough to tell them what happened they were in tears. It took a while but eventually we all calmed down and managed to stand. I was on the threshold of the forest again, but this time, this time there was nothing stopping me from taking that step and continuing my journey down the path. So, with my mother holding my left hand and my father holding my right, I began the journey towards whatever awaited me on the other side of this forest. With each step that I took, my heart felt lighter, more carefree, and peace settled on me. I will wait for him, like I promised, I'll meet him in the forest.

Aragorn's POV. (Going back into the battle a bit!)

She moved away from me, and after a minute or two of screaming at her to move back, to come closer I have lost sight of her. But I know who she'll be gunning for. Looking around I spot the huge ass wolf she summoned, and while I'm impressed, she is getting interrogated on that! Making my way closer to the wolf I figure she'll call it to her. Blocking, swinging, parrying and thrusting, I had just about reached the wolf when I spot her. Changing course I make a beeline for her but stop when I see a Nazgûl bearing down towards us. As I was getting ready to throw myself out of the way a giant eagle swoops down and knocks it off course. Looking up I see that Elven lady on its back, I must remember to thank her later also. Turning, I focus back on Elayna and I quicken my pace when I notice she is on her back with Sauron between her legs. I see red as her face visibly pales and she goes stock still. I am close, but not yet close enough. Though I cannot stop the bellow of rage that leaves me when he lands a forceful slap across her face. Her scream spears through me and I watch on in pride as she raises her hand and punches him in the face. His head jerks back and he glares at her. But then, I realise I am close enough to tackle him. So I dive, spearing him and pulling him to the side rolling him off her. I slowly gets to my feet and face Sauron.

"Ah Elessar. I was wondering how long it would take you to come and try to steal my pet. As if breaking her wasn't bad enough," he taunts and I freeze. "Don't listen to him Aragorn, don't," Elayna has gotten to her feet and started hobbling towards me. "She begs and pleads so prettily doesn't she? Especially when she acts like she doesn't want it," Sauron continues. I freeze for a second, is he saying what I think he is? Then I very stupidly launch myself at Sauron. The reason I knew it was stupid, I left myself open for the blade that went through my gut. My gaze snaps to Elayna as she screams."No, NO!" she tries to hobble toward me. But I can only watch as she is lifted off her feet by the hand around her throat. I press my hands against my stomach, but it's a through and through, a death wound. I take a deep agonising breath as I realise there is too much blood! But I blink, and within the space of one blink and the next Elayna is on her knees beside me pressing hands against the wound. I smile at her, about to say some thing when she is gone, dragged away by her hair. I try to move, to get to her as I watch her fighting like a hellcat, but I am stopped by someone landing beside me and pressing me back down, holding me still as they chant. The world has started to blacken around the edges when a searing heat scorches through my stomach. It lasts for barely a minute before the person moves away and I smile gratefully at the woman who saved me. "Thank you," I speak lowly, but sincerely. I don't have time to waste though as I get to my feet and look around, the wolf is moving again, but it's not so far from me this time. I fight my way over to it and run along with it as it moves.