chapter two: trip to europe

2 months later...

Peter walked inside a classroom, gripping the strap of his backpack. He noticed the laughter and chitchat among his classmates. The teacher hasn't arrived yet, so he was relieved that he wasn't late.

Peter settled down next to Ned and set his backpack down. He glanced around, and he spotted you right away. He watched you as you grinned and listened while Betty Brant was telling a story.

"Nothing's going to happen if you keep on staring at her, you loser." Michelle said with a bored face, her face resting on her fist. "Ever since we came back, you just kept on staring at her."

Peter frowned and tore his eyes off you. He looked at Michelle and took a deep breath. "I know. It's just that she looks so familiar, like I've seen her before."

Ned shook his head in disappointment. He patted Peter's shoulder. "Dude, don't you remember? That's (Y/n). (Y/n) Stark. The so-called next heiress of the Stark Industries?"

It's been two months since Tony's death. Peter started attending school again a week after Tony's death, and he's been noticing you. All he knows is that you weren't one of the victims who were snapped out of existence.

'How come I didn't see her at the funeral?' Peter thought to himself. 'She must have been far away from me so I didn't had the chance to see her.'

Most people don't recognize you immediately as Tony's daughter. Not only because your mother wasn't known to the world that she had a fling and had a baby with Tony Stark, but because you mostly got your mother's features instead of your father's.

After he blinked twice, Peter's eyes widened in genuine surprise. "Wait what?"

"Did she really change a lot? You couldn't even recognize her." Michelle laughed.

Peter looked back at you again. "I just... never saw her, that's all."

Though he hasn't personally encountered you, Peter has heard of you. He had read news articles about Tony Stark's infamous daughter, who had shocked everyone. When Tony was first perceived as a genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist, people didn't think he would become a parent, much less have a daughter. Peter didn't try to find out more information about you or even take a closer look at your appearance.

This was the first time he ever saw you.

You push a strand of hair away from your face and put it behind your ear. Peter went insane internally when he saw the smile on your face and lost all sense of what his proper emotions should have been. You gave him a warm and welcoming smile before looking away.

Peter turned away to look at his two smirking friends, blushing without realizing it. "What?" He asked, becoming shy all of a sudden.

"Oh, Peter..." Ned's teasing smirk grew wider. "Let me guess, you're crushing hard on her, huh?"

After raising an eyebrow in shock, Peter scoffed and shook his head. "What? Me? Come on, Ned. I'm not having feelings for her. It's wrong..."

"What's so wrong about that?" Michelle asked.

"I... don't know?" Peter replied unsurely. "She's Mr. Stark's daughter?"

Michelle and Ned blinked their eyes at Peter in disbelief. "It's not like you can expect Tony Stark to come back to life and attack you for having feelings for his daughter."

"You don't know that..."

"Peter, you're overthinking things." Ned chuckled while letting out a sigh. "It's not a big deal."