chapter fourteen: identity revealed

"This is breaking news. We come to you now with revelations about last week's attack in London. An anonymous source provided this video. It shows Quentin Beck, a.k.a, Mysterio, moments before his death. A warning: You may find this video disturbing."

"I managed to send the Elemental back into the dimensional rift, but I don't think I'm gonna make it off this bridge alive. Spider-Man attacked me for some reason. He has an army of weaponized drones, Stark technology. He's saying he's the only one who's gonna be the new Iron Man, no one else."

"Are you sure you want to commence the drone attack? There will be significant casualties."

"Do it. Execute them all."

"This shocking video was released earlier today on the controversial news website thedailybugle.net."

"There you have it, folks: conclusive proof that Spider-Man was responsible for the brutal murder of Mysterio! An interdimensional warrior who gave his life to protect our planet and who will no doubt go down in history as the greatest superhero of all time! But that's not all, folks. Here's the real blockbuster. Brace yourselves, you might wanna sit down.

"Spider-Man's real... Spider-Man's real name is—Spider-Man's name is Peter Parker!"

Peter's eyes widened in horror, and he slapped his hands on both sides of his head. "What the fu—!"

You heard a loud honk of a truck, covering Peter's exclamation. You clenched your jaw as you looked down, realizing what Mysterio had done. "That's right, folks. Peter Parker, a seventeen-year-old high school delinquent, harboring a homicidal..."

Peter turned around and looked at you until he saw a civilian approaching you. "Are you Spider-Man's girlfriend?"

Peter's eyes widened. You opened your mouth to reply until the people around you acknowledged you. "Are you Spider-Man's girlfriend?" The same man asked you the same question, eager to confirm if his suspicion was right about you.

"Wait, she's Tony Stark's daughter!" You heard a woman shout.

Peter knew you detested being recognized in public since your father was well-known. You were fortunate enough that people in Europe didn't mind your presence or fame at all. In New York, however, it felt like people wanted to dig into your life since you're a Stark.

You whimpered as you started breathing heavily. Tony made sure not to show you at every public event or place when he was around, as he knew that you would begin to panic when paparazzi or a crowd of people, in general, started bombarding you with questions. He succeeded as not many people knew did not know his daughter's face. After his death, however, people began to see how you looked.

Long story short, you hate paparazzi and nosy people.

Peter leaped down from the pole he was on and stood by your side, holding you. "He's here!" One of the people yelled when they spotted Peter.

"Sorry, excuse me." He politely told the citizens while he hugged you close. You clung to his chest for comfort and protection. When people started reaching out to tap or touch you, Peter would move you away from them. "Woah, woah, woah. Please don't touch her."

"Peter..." You whispered. "I don't like this at all."

"I know, (Y/n), I know." He whispered back to you as he tried to push as many people away from you. "Sorry, please, stop. She's not comfortable with this."

"You're just a kid?" An older adult questioned in bewilderment.

"You murdered Mysterio?"

You glared at the person who accused Peter. "No, he didn't!"