Chapter 16

Kimberley's Pov-

It's the day of the operation and I'm so nervous ,I know if it doesn't work I'll be devastated .Cheryl has been walking on egg shells round me all day , I think she thinks I'm going to flip out or something but I'm fine , just nervous .

"What do you want for breakfast ." Cheryl asks

"I'm not hungry babe ." I reply

"Kimba you need to eat something ,we will be there for ages ."

"Okay make me what your having then please ."

"Okay , are you okay ?"

"Yeah just really nervous ."

"Aw babe your bound to be , just remember no matter what I'll be there for you yeah ?"Cheryl smiles

"Do you think we should of told the girls about the operation ?"

"Not unless you wanted to it's your decision , you haven't even told your family either have you ?"

"No, I don't want to get peoples hopes u incase it doesn't work ." I frown

"Don't be so negative Kimba it has a good chance of working ."

"I know babe I really hope it does I just don't want to be dissapointed ."

"Yeah I get that , okay eat this whilst I get ready and get your stuff prepared ." she explains whilst running out of the room and up stairs .

I still don't have much of an appetite but I try eat as much as I can . My thoughts are going one hundred miles and hour and I just want to get this day over and done with .

Cheryls Pov-

When we arrive at the clinic I'm feeling just as nervous as Kimberley .Will she blame me if this doesn't work ? How will she react ? I'm trying to keep positive but there is a lot at stake .

"Hello Miss Tweedy , Miss Walsh ." Doctor Granger greets us.

"Hello ." we both say in sinc

"How are you feeling Miss walsh ?"

"Please call me Kimberley and I'm feeling a little nervous but I'm trying to stay positive ."she smiles

"It's normal to be nervous , this could change your life, Okay would you like to come through and change in to your surgery outfit ." he asks Kimberley

"Can Cheryl come ?"

"Of course she can she will have to wait outside whilst the operation happens though ."

"Okay let's go then ." I join in .

I help Kimberley get changed and then give her a kiss before wheeling her in to the surgery room .

"Good luck Kimba ." I smile

"Thank you , will you be here when I wake up ?"she asks

"I wouldn't be anywhere else ."

After hours of waiting and driving myself insane Doctor Granger comes out the room . I rush over to him .

"Doctor how was is it she okay ,did it work ?"

"It went fine we won't have to amputate her legs , now it's just a matter of waiting and intense physiotherapy ."

"That's good news then , I'm glad thank you so much Doctor ." I reply as I shake his hand

"It's my pleasure she has been taken to her new residence where she will be staying until she can walk or undergo more surgery ."

"Can I go see her ." I ask