Chapter 35: That's all it'll ever be

I watched in horror as Brandon continued to rip Jonathas’s unmoving body, not contented that he was no longer breathing. No, not contented at all. Leaf’s arms were still wrapped around me, preventing me from even moving an inch closer to my mate. He carried me bridal style and I was too broken to argue. Leaving the house I thought would be the start of a new beginning with Jonathas. Lee was already in the yatch and we followed.

But before we could sail off, I saw Leaf’s men run toward the yatch followed by a loud explosion. The house was on fire. Tears continued to stream down my cheeks as we sailed off, my gaze never leaving the burning house until it finally fell on the ground.

Leaf brought me to what seemed to be a small room and sat down on the bed, placing me on his lap. His arms still wrapped around me while he inhaled my scent.

“Stop crying love, the pain will soon leave. You’ll forget about that mutt sooner or later, and then you’ll love me once again.” He spoke making me snap my head at his direction, making me meet his cold blue eyes.

“How could you say that?!” I snapped as I leave his embrace.

“How could you possibly think I’d forget about my mate that easy?! He’s my MATE Leaf, I don’t think there’ll be a day I would forget about him! You basically ruined my life. You killed my mate, changed my son – and I wish to have an explanation for that – attacked my pack resulting to my mother’s death! How could you possibly think I’d love you after what you’ve done?!” I shouted feeling my wolf clawing her way out, wanting to rip his head off.

After my outburst, Leaf looked at me like none of my words affected him, making it fuel my anger for him more and more.

“Are you done?” he asked making me stare at him in shock.

“You ask me to why I did such thing?” he asked standing up, looking at me with anger. “Because I fucking can’t watch you have a fucking family with that mutt while I watch in the background when I had you first! I came first before him!”

The next thing I know, he had me pinned on the wall. His cold stare wanting to let the wall swallow me whole. His hot breath hitting my face.

“I was there first Lexy,” he whispered but I could feel the anger in every word. “I was there first! I was your first love, first kiss, first boyfriend, you’re fuckin every first! I fucking gave you my everything! But just because that mutt came along, you forget all about me! You chose that mutt who you just met for me, whom you knew since we were kids! Why can’t you see that you should have been with me instead?! Just because you had a kid with him, you chose him? I could fill his role in your and Lee’s life Lexy! I was willing to do that even if he wasn’t mine! I was willing to take care of him even if I wasn’t mine! But you didn’t see that, you didn’t see my effort in trying to make you happy! Now, can you tell me why I did such thing?! Because I FUCKING LOVE YOU!”

He looked at me waiting for my response but no word escaped my lips.

“I love you Lexy. Why can’t I have the old Lexy back, the one that loved me?” he pleaded, his voice cracked making a tear fall from his eye.

“Why can’t you say it back? Why can’t you tell me you love me?! Why can’t you fuckin love me like I fuckin love you?!” he shouted.

“Because you changed!” I shouted back. “You aren’t the same man I once loved, I saw a different side of you. You kill in cold blood, you didn’t even show the slightest hint of remorse when you killed Jona-”

“It’s always about Jonathas! Jonathas this, Jonathas that! He’s the reason why you can’t love me back, but even though he’s gone, you still fuckin love him! Why can’t you love me like that!?”

His grip on my arms tightened, almost breaking them.

“You’re hurting me Leaf.” I spoke trying to remove his painful grip.

“Not as much as you’re hurting me.” He growled. “You’ll love me once again Lexy, and I know how to start it.”

He pushed me back on the wall and raised my hands above my head, holding them with one arm while the other tilted my head giving him access on my neck- which only means one thing, he’s ganna mark me!

He kissed my neck up then down again until he found my sweet spot.

“Leaf, please… Im begging you… don’t.” I cried as I watched him bring out his canines.

He stopped for a moment and look at me in the eye. His eyes showed pain, hurt, and love. A weird combination.

“I didn’t want to do it this way love, but you gave me no choice. This will be the last time I’ll hurt you.” He said and the next thing I felt was pain as his canines dug deep in my neck.

I shouted in pain but his hand covered my mouth. Then, I felt light headed. He kissed my mark right after then looked at me and smiled with love. My body felt tired, I couldn’t keep my eyes wide open. I fell forward, landing on his hard chest. He carried me bridal style and lay me on the bed.

“You’re all mine now love. All MINE.” He smiled.

No.

No, no, no, no! I can’t be his!

Lexy

I can’t… I can’t be his.

Lexy!

Jonathas? Jonathas!

Lexy! He shouted louder and the next thing I know.

I woke up with a very worried Jonathas. I stared at him and hugged him like my life depended on it.

“You’re… You’re alive.”

“Of course I’m alive.” He spoke and looked at me. “And I’m not going anywhere.” He smiled and wiped my tears away.

I smiled and kissed him like I never did before. He was shocked at first but responded quickly.

“Daddy! Don’t eat mommy’s face!” I hear my baby boy’s voice making us pull away from the kiss.

Lee ran toward us and got in between, hugging me and glaring at Jonathas making us laugh.

It was all a dream.

A nightmare, and that’s all it’ll ever be.