Chapter 39

Oliver's POV

I woke up from my slumber and tried to pull my mate close, but all I felt were the empty sheets beside me. Huh, must have gotten up early. I looked at the clock and it was pass 8, and weirdly enough, the pack house was quiet. Too quiet. Something must be wrong, Steve's not running around screaming "Wake up" thinking we need a freaking human alarm clock. Must be a good day. I took a quick shower and put on a pair of jeans and my favorite black shirt. I walked out of my room and the hallway was empty. Not a single person was there, where are they?

The moment I walked down the stairs, I smelled Cameron's sweet scent. But I stopped midway, I smelled it.

I smelled him.

Leaf.

I hurried down the steps I felt Cameron's fear and distress. There, on the living room, was Leaf and Cameron with 5 men behind him. Cameron was seated and I saw fear and unshed tears in her eyes as she saw me.

"Finally awake I see." Leaf spoke and stood up. "Come sit, we have some catching up to do." He had a sinister smile on his face as he approached her. Placing a hand on her shoulder making her flinch.

I growled at him and took long strides towards them, feeling my wolf on edge seeing our mate in danger but was stopped by his men. I looked at Leaf and he was amused by my actions. Bastard!

"Come now Oliver, I just want to talk. Sit down while I'm still asking kindly." He warned as he pointed to the chair opposite to my mate.

I looked at Cameron and she gave me a pleading look, I sat down but kept my eyes on him as he still had his hand on my mate.

"What do you want Leaf?"

"Simple. I want my mate. Where is she?" He asked, his stare hardened.

"I told you, she went on a-" Then I heard my mate cry in pain.

Leaf's hand shifted to sharp pointed claws that dug deep in Cameron's shoulder. I was pushed back on my chair as I tried to lunge at him. How dare he lay a hand on my mate! I tried to fight my way out but they were strong, stronger than an Alpha. Then I realized, they were Night walkers. All I could do was watch my mate cry in pain as he removed his hand from her shoulder, blood dripped out of her shoulder.

"One more lie and the next thing I'll be digging my claws into is her neck." He warned with promise in his words.

"You sick bastard! You think Lexy wants you after this?! You are completely insane if you think she'll still love you!" I growled, trying to land a swing or two but they held my arms in a deadly grip.

"She'll still love me. She'll ALWAYS love me." He responded with a smirk on his face.

"Bring them in." he told one of his men and he walked out.

"Your pack house is surrounded. Your pack members are at my mercy, tell me where my mate is and no one gets hurt." he stated as he sat back down.

The doors burst open and Steve, Kace, Lance, Hillary, and my father came in. Their hands were bounded and they were being held captive my five of Leaf's men. Steve and Lance had a few scratches on their face but as soon as their eyes saw Leaf, their fangs came out, growling at him but Leaf just sat there not even affected by it. He seemed to be amused rather than frightened.

"What a reunion this is. Only one missing is Lexy. Where is she?" he asked once again and looked at me.

"She'll never be yours." Lance spoke as he tried to break free.

"All I ask is where my mate is but it seems I have to do this the hard way." Leaf sighed and signaled the man holding my father.

Leaf stood up and met my father half way. He gave me one last stare and had his grip around his neck, choking the life out of him. I let out a loud growl and tried to break free but was entirely pushed back. Steve and the others were completely hopeless as they tried to break free.

"Where is my mate!?" he growled and looked at my dad.

"I never approved of you anyway." My father wheezed out and Leaf's eyes turned red.

My father looked at me one last time and said through the mind link.

"I'm sorry."

Leaf's claws dug into his neck and my father fell on the floor with a loud thus. Blood oozed out of his neck as I heard his last breath and his heart stop. Silence filled the room as we had our eyes fixed on my father's dead body.

"I you don't want to end up like him tell me where my mate is!" Leaf growled as he looked at us with a murderous glare.

"What happened to you? How could you do this to us?!" Kace screamed as tears fell from her eyes.

"Me? How could I do this to you?" Leaf chucked and looked directly at her with a cold stare. "No! You should all be ashamed not me. You completely forgot about me, You gave up on me!" he shouted and walked in front of Kace.

"You didn't even look for my body confirming if I was dead or not. You didn't do anything!" he shouted.

"We looked for you! We had a search-" Hillary shouted but was cut off when Leaf had her on a tight grip.

"You didn't look enough." He stated and I could see Hillary gasping for air.

"Let her go Leaf! Let her go you bastard!" Steve shouted as he tried to go to his mate.

Leaf let her go as she tried to catch her breath.

"You all betrayed me." He stated as he looked at us with disgust.

"B-betrayed?" Kace asked.

"You gave up on me so easily and you encouraged Lexy to get over me. You all betrayed me. Lexy knew I was alive and you all disagreed. You wanted me dead, you never looked for me!" he growled as he partially shifted.

His fangs were out, his hands soon turned to sharp deadly claws and his eyes were in deep red. His presence oozed power and fear, making Kace and the others whimper in fear.

"Lexy was the only one who believed I was alive and you all wanted her to forget about me. To get over me like I was just nobody!"

"That was never our intention. Lexy was depressed for a year and nearly killed herself-" Lance explained but Leaf cut him off.

"And you think I was okay?! I was in a cell for a year, not being able to shift. They gave me food once a week and nearly beat me to death. I was nearly giving up on my life but Lexy gave me hope. I fought death thinking you were all waiting and searching for me. But boy was I wrong." He chuckled.

"When I got back, I heard you were all overseas, having a blast with your life. I thought if I would go back, you'd be there to welcome me with open arms. But all I arrived at was an empty house."

Silence once again towered upon us.

"Tell me where she is." He asked after a long pause.

"No." I spoked making him snap his attention toward me.

"What did you say?"

"You'll never find her." I added.

His deadly glare soon turned to an amused look.

"Then some of you will soon follow him." He said and pointed at my dead father.

"The question is, who would it be?" he added and looked at every one of us.

Soon the pack house was filled with screams of loss.