Chapter 17

Ashton's POV:

I was sitting on my bed, watching tv as the door bell rang.

I was alone at home so I expected my Mom or siblings to be at the door. I slowly stood up and made my way down the stairs and to the door.

As I opened the door my whole body stiffened when I saw Luke standing there, tears streaming down his face, his hair a mess and his school bag in his hand. He just stared at me for a while, breathing heavily, and then turning his gaze to the ground.

"Um.." I started, not sure what to say. "Hello?" Luke looked up and met my eyes. His looked so sad and hurt and I had no clue why. Maybe it was because of the incident he had with the Hood guy today. I wanted to help him, I really did but Mikey didn't want to let me.

"Hey.." Luke's voice wasn't more than a slight whispers and it kind of broke my heart. "C-can I come in?" He slightly fiddled with his fingers as I nodded and opened the door more to let him walk in.

Luke hesitated a bit but came in then. We went to the living room and I sat on the couch while the blonde just awkwardly stood there.

"So, sit down and tell me why you're here." I pointed to the place next to me and he nodded and sat next to me. It was quiet for a few minutes and it was really uncomfortable. I wanted to know what happened and I wanted to know why Luke came to my house.

"I just got hurt and needed someone to talk.." I looked at the pale boy and nodded at him so he'd continue. "I-I don't actually talk to anyone about this, especially not to someone I don't really know but you were the only person I could think of that I can actually come to," I smiled slightly at his words. Luke turned to me and I saw the uncertainty in his face.

"You can tell me anything, Luke." I saw the happiness that spread across his face. "I'll be here for you if you need me."

I really didn't know why but I wanted him to know that. I acted like an idiot and I wanted to make it up to Luke. He shifted around and looked at me.

"Are we friends?"

His eyes never left mine. A smile spread across my face.

"Yes."

Then it was quiet again. I didn't want to push Luke to say anything so I waited. After like 2 minutes he said this one sentence and it changed the whole way I saw him.

"M-my dad h-hits me..." My eyes widened and my jaw dropped as I tried to form words.

"W-wait what?!" Luke didn't dare to look at me so I gripped his shoulders softly and turned him towards me. "Luke, please tell me that's not true!" He winced at my rather harsh tone so I let go of him. "You need to call the police on him." The blue eyed boy looked at the ground and shook his head at my words.

"N-no. No no  no, I can't do this.." He started to panic and stood up as his hands ran through his hair rapidly. "He'd get out of there and find me and he'd do worse things to me and, and he'd probably kiss me and, and-" Immediately I wrapped my arms around his slim body and pulled him in a tight hug as the blonde started sobbing like a baby. I sat down and placed like right beside me so my arms were still around him and his face was hidden in my chest.

Luke cried for another 10 minutes until he calmed down. His eyes were puffy and red but he still looked beautiful.

I kissed his cheek softly and saw a blush creeping up his face. My head told me to ask about his father but my heart told me not to. The poor guy just told me all of this so I wanted to let him some time. He'd tell me if he wanted to.

In this moment everything I wanted was to cuddle Luke, make him laugh and not let him go back to his father.

2 of these things succeed. And sadly none of them wasn't the last option.

When Luke wanted to leave I brought him to the door. He took his bag and looked at me for a second.

"Come here if he does anything. Please." The boy nodded and hugged me. He wanted to pull back but I kissed his cheek first. His sweet smile appeared and if made me feel a beautiful warm feeling in my stomach.

I looked after him as Luke walked down the road and into the director of his father's house. I just hoped he'd be fine for at least the night.

»»»

»»»

»»»

Chapter 17 here u go

FINISHED WHILE LISTENING TO ACT MY AGE AND FOUR AND NDKSKWO

halp
-J