Chapter 21

Luke's POV:

Ashton brought me to a hospital that was close to the school. It was the hospital I had to go to a few times before.

Because of my dad.

Nurses brought a wheelchair I could sit in and wheeled me in a room where a doctor waited. Ash helped me sit on the bed and I carefully lay down. My legs were alright. My arms as well. Only 2 ribs were slightly bruised. It hurt really bad but they gave me painkillers which helped me a lot. Ashton and I waited as the doctor left. He said a nurse would come soon to give me pills for the pain and bandage me. The room went quiet after the door got closed. It was a horrible silence. It felt like the air was pushing into my ears and a loud screeching noise went through my head. It hurt.

"Ash?" I looked up and met his pretty hazel eyes that obviously watched me without me knowing. Ashton furrowed his eyebrows as if he wanted me to know that he's listening. My mouth opened and closed again. I was unsure of what to say. We liked each other but would that mean we are dating now? Once again i opened my mouth to ask him the question that bothered me since that kiss but all of a sudden the door opened and the nurse came in.

It was the nurse I've met a few times here. She always helped me when my dad had his attacks. She smiled at me with a hint of sadness in her eyes, then she turned to Ash and smiled at him too. The nurse took out her bandages and the pills she'd have to give me later. I sat upright with a quiet groan as i got bandaged.

"Luke was it?" Her voice scared me as it came out of the silence. I simply nodded since I didn't really feel like talking. "No need to be shy", she chuckled, "Why are you here again, love?" Her voice had a calming tone and it felt nice to listen to it. Tears threatened to rise into my eyes as I saw Ashton look up worried because the nurse said 'here again'. I only had seconds to think about whether i should tell the truth or lie.

"It was a friend.." Ashton scoffed at my words. "He bullied me because-" Once again only seconds. "Because i like the same guy as him." I didn't dare to look at Ashton again so i just stared at the nurse as if she could help me get over that thought. In my head i just prayed Ashton wouldn't try to talk about it to me later. The nurse smiled once again and petted my shoulder. She told me to stay away from him and take care of myself and Ashton before we left.

Ashton and i were holding hands as we slowly made our way to my home. He literally begged me to stay at his house for at least a few days. I hesitantly agreed but i really wanted to get some of my personal things from my room since i wouldn't be there for some time. We stood in front of my house and i looked it up and down a disgusted look on my face. I've always hated it. Ash and I went to the small door and i tried to unlock it as quiet as possible since i knew my dad wasat home. We walked in and up to my room. Ashton helped me pack my things and as soon as we were done we made our way downstairs and to the door.

A loud bang was heard and all of a sudden my dad stood there. His face was red from anger and his fists were clenched. It was new to me but Ash stepped in front of me and pushed me behind him in a protecting way. "Luke, who is that?"

I didn't answer what made my dad way angrier. He came closer and closer and with every step he took i felt Ashtons body tense a little more.

All of a sudden before i could even react i heard a loud scream and someone fall to the ground, but it wasn't Ashton. I felt myself running in a direction i couldn't make out. In the next moment i was at Ashtons house. Then in his room. Then in his arms. My body relaxed as his strong arms were placed around my slim torso. I closed my eyes and in that moment i just felt so safe and protected like never before and it was perfect because just then i realized all i've always needed was him. The person that could actually take care of me. I heard Ashton call the police. He told them my old address. My dads address. And right then i didn't feel sorry and i didn't feel bad about calling the police on my dad. The only thing i felt was confidence. And those strong arms that would never let anything happen to me again.