Home!

©All rights reserved. 2015. This is an original book by OneofAKindPrincess. Copying of characters and scenes can result in copiers book being taken down.

I was unpacking my suitcase, filling up my closet for the first time in years. At the moment, all the hanging space was filled with clothes that were way beyond what I fit now. It's time for a new make over I thought to myself. New clothes, a new beginning. a new school, practically a new life.

I tried so hard to not get too excited about going home but as soon as I stepped into my house my emotions became crazy and the excitement kicked in. I replayed the Doctors words in my head to try and calm myself. "There is a chance that you might end up back in here, If that is the case it is because it has resurfaced, that is why you will need monthly testings" I didn't want to, but I had to face the reality that I wasn't fully cured yet. I was just in remission right now. I wanted to keep a positive outlook on what was happening but with my history it was hard. There was no trust in what i wanted to believe in.

I looked at my suitcase that needed to be unpacked, i mean there wasn't alot in there but it still had to be done, and then back to my closet. I was so not looking forward to this. I walked over to my closet and opened, with a hugh sigh I reached in and grabbed a handful of clothes on the hangers and pulled them out chucking them onto my bed. I pulled out another handful and threw them ontop of the already thrown clothes. I held one of the shirts up against my body and couldn't supress the giggle inside me as I saw just how tiny I was back in first grade. I threw it on the bed and stared at the pile that was there. I slowly turned my gaze to my doona and sheet covers, pillows and stuffed teddies on my bed. It was a typical green and pink floral set. One i was glad to see again, however thankful I can switch it for something more modern and stylish. I looked at the posters on the wall that my bed was pushed against, kittens, backstreet boys, britney spears and ponies out of the total girl magazines i used to collect before i was admitted full time into hospital. The yellow walls seeping through inbetween the posters. I cringed at how out of tune I was when I was a kid. I was thankful my parents didn't change it, they kept it how it was, hopeful that I would come back, and I did.

I turned back to my closet and started back to pulling out more clothes when I heard a slight knock on my door.

"Sweetie, can I come in please?" My mother asked as she opened my door.

"Sure" I replied back placing empty coat hangers back into the closet.

"I wanted to ask if you want to go shopping with me? I can see that you don't have many clothes that would fit you now." She said taking a seat at the end of my bed looking at the small suitcase that was still unpacked next to my doorway.

"Yeah sure" I replied looking at her. "Maybe get a milkshake and a pizza?" I asked hopefully, I was desperate to sink my teeth into something hot and greasy.

"Sweetie you know what the Doctor said about your medicine, you can't have any added fatty foods into your diet. How about a fruit smoothie and a salad?" She suggested referring back to my previous converstation with my doctor before we left the hospital.

"Yep, what ever." I sighed in defeat. There was no use arguing with my mother. I was really annoyed at the fact that I still couldn't escape the hospital, chained to the bed routine.

"Don't worry darling, I'm sure that we can compromise and find something that you like. Now come on, the car is waiting for us." And as simple as that, she got up, grabbed my hand and walked me out of my room and down the hallway towards the front sitting room.

After hours of shopping, my mother finally agreed that we had enough to last for a few months. It felt great to have a one on one quailty time with my mum. I've missed her so much. I know I skyped her every day and messaged her non stop but it still didn't feel right. To have our arms interlocked as we walked from shop to shop. We giggled at the crazy outfits we came up with, trying on different styles that I normally don't wear. Twirling in dresses I could only imagine wearing yet were advertised as an everyday item. More make up to add to my growing collection that I developed while in hospital (gotta keep occupied somehow).I even caught a few glances at some boys in the food court of the mall and felt like a school girl checking them out. I felt like a normal teenager for once. I felt free.