It's in the past

"Ok thats it.. I think I'm done" I declared as I closed my last text book. 

"Really?" Will asked. "I still have five hundred words to go" he pouted.

I giggled. "If you hadn't have been playing spitball with the librarian you would have been finished" I sat back triumphant in my recent goal. I had finished my english assignment and was ready to have lunch. We had been at the library for four hours. Just the right amount of time for me to complete this said assignment.

"Yeah well she wouldn't let me use my laptop for quiet music and I work better with music." he sighed. "I'm starving can I finish it after lunch." he whined.

I looked at my watch and back at him. "Five hundred words right?" I asked, he nodded. "you've written your template?" I asked another question. He handed me a sheet that showed his layout for his assignment. five hundred words would be easy on his topic. "Alright I'll make you a deal, I'll help you get this finished proofed and ready to hand within in an hour IF you buy me lunch" I wagered.

He thought about it for a minute and nodded. "Alright your on, I bet you can't do it." he challenged but I knew all to well that was his way of making me do it all. 

"Nope! you will be writing it, I'll just inspire" I winked and laughed. Will groaned and turned his laptop to my angle. 

**********************************************

"I cannot believe you done that, you are a powerhouse at writing assigments" Will said in between bites "Did I mention this burger tastes absolutely amazing?" he continued with more bites. I swear he looked like Kujo the dog going to town on that poor burger.

"I wasn't that hard to do. You had it all there you just had to add in extra words." I said in a matter of a fact tone. I looked at my own burger that I hadn't even touched and was wondering how on earth i was going to fit my mouth around it. That thing was huge. "Will slow down, your going to get indigestion with the way your eating that thing." 

"Go ahead and try it" Will challenged knowing exactly what my thoughts were. 

"No way, I'm going to make a huge mess, I have manners" I simply said, taking a chip off the side of the plate and eating it. 

"Chicken" he placed his burger down and wiped his lips. "I dare you" he challenged again.

I studied his challanging stare. I picked up my burger in the most un-lady like way. "Your on" I grinned and attempted to bite into the monstrosity. Beetroot juice ran down my arm, onion fell to the plate, my patty started to fall out the other side and all I got out of it was a bit of bun. I looked up and saw David staring at me curiously. Oh no! Of course he just had to be there, who else would it be? How embarrassing. "I'll grab you a serviette" David chuckled as he walked away from our booth. I looked over at Will who was holding his hand over his mouth suppressing a laugh. 

"Your an idiot" Was all I could say with my mouth full. 

"I'm sorry but this is too good" Will replied in laughter taking photo of me on his phone." You suck" was all i could muster up.

David returned to our booth with a hand full of serviettes and handed them to me. "Thank you David, at least your a gentlemen" I said taking them from him. I wiped my mouth with one and my arms with the other. I started to clean up the table around my plate when David stopped me. 

"Please leave it, I'll clean it up when you guys are done. Did you want another drink?" he asked looking at my empty cup. 

"Yes please, just a lemonade" I replied looking at him gratefully.  He nodded and left our booth.