XV. PLAYED

15 Played

"What the hell is this?" she blurted as she distastefully scanned the faces of the men in black she met outside the front door of Blake's home.

"Ano pa? Edi mga tao ng asawa mo," nakapamaywang na sagot ni Blake na kapagkuwan ay sinenyasan ang leader ng grupo ng mga lalaki na sundan siya. "Don't worry about them. They'll only stand guard outside the house," he mentioned before leaving her with a woman that was also sent by André.

She rolled her eyes. Enough it was that she didn't have a good sleep because she had to wake up early to receive her stuff from these men. She didn't want to stress herself—though her eyebrow was already raised high and wouldn't seem to go down any soon—by pondering more on how silly her husband is. There were roughly ten men, Jesus fucking Christ! There was no need for her to be guarded. She was not going anywhere. There was no need for this woman standing in front of her as well. She didn't need a nurse but whatever. Siya naman ang nagsuggest nito kay André kahit pa nasabi lang niya iyon para layuan muna siya nito.

The woman left with her introduced herself and she forced a smile back knowing that she will immediately forget everything the woman just told her. Wala ang isip niya sa babaeng kaharap. Hindi niya maintindihan pero na kay André ang takbo niyon. Kagabi lang ay siguradong-sigurado siya na ayaw niyang makita ang lalaki kaya hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit tila mayroong parte ng isip niya na nayayamot sa pagkadismaya dahil hindi niya makita ang demonyong iyon.

Was it because of her preggy hormones?

• • •

Over breakfast, it was difficult for her to focus on eating because of Veronica's stealing glances on the bruised side of her cheek which was not to mention was all fucking thanks to André's abusive behavior.

Hindi na siya nakatiis kaya hinarap na niya ang babae. "Can I help you?" she asked with an insincere smile.

That made Veronica blink several times before stuttering an apology.

"I-I'm sorry...It was rude for me to stare." The woman then quickly dodged her. Hinarap nito ang tatlong taong gulang nitong anak. "Priz! Stop spitting your veggies out!"

"But I don't like broccoli!" the child whined.

"Broccoli is good, Prizrael," Blake spoke. "Broccoli will make you strong. And it's bad to waste good food so stop spitting them out."

"But, Papa," Priz pouted. "They don't taste good."

Kristina curiously eyed the small boy who seemed utterly disgusted by broccoli. She never understood children who refuse to eat vegetables. She never had that problem with Klaus.

"Napakahirap mo namang pakainin ng gulay," reklamo ni Veronica.

Bumaling sa kanya si Blake. "Mahirap din bang pakainin ng gulay ang anak mo?"

She wide eyed stared back to Blake then quickly realized that André had already told him about Klaus. She smiled then shook her head. "No. Madali lang pakainin si Klaus. I never had trouble feeding Klaus vegetables. He likes them. He likes broccoli, too."

"May anak ka na?" naulinagang tanong ni Veronica.

"Anak nila ni André," sagot ni Blake para sa kanya. "A long story behind it."

"Ah," tango ni Veronica. "Talaga? Eh, nasa'n siya ngayon? Bakit never ko pang nakita?"

"Like I said, it's a long story," Blake repeated.

"He's with a friend," Kristina answered. "The one he acknowledges as his dad."

"And...he doesn't acknowledge André to be his father?"