XI. SWEET SERIAL LIAR (6/6)

"I wouldn't."

She laughed again, warmly and deeply this time. "Under other circumstances, I would. He's very fun and interesting."

What she said didn't seem to perturb him, rather, he seemed to be curious. "Did he fuck you?"

The question was unexpected. She didn't know how to answer it.

"Is the question too hard to answer?" he taunted as if he was expecting a reaction that will give him the answer.

"I don't have to answer it."

She hastened her steps to leave him behind. When she was ascending the grand staircase, André caught to her steps and grabbed her hand. He didn't pull, he didn't stop her. Not a word was said. He just held her hand and walked with her in the same pace.

"Do you really have to hold my hand?"

"I'm worried. Baka mawala ka."

"I was raised in this house. I know this place, I won't get lost."

"That's not what I meant."

She then knew what he meant but decided not to think too much about it.

After reaching the second floor, she took chance to glance on his face but quickly turned away when she was reminded of how handsome he was. She halted after realizing how fucking strange she acted. Side glancing him again, she tried to figure out why she did what she just did. The answer she got was appalling. It was because of how she felt when she stares at his face. He was too gorgeous that her heart would flutter wildly inside her ribcage. At that moment she could compare herself to a teenage girl crushing hard on some guy she finds overly attractive. She hated it! She must be sick or something to be feeling that way. She touched her neck with the back of her hand. Her temperature seemed normal but surely that changed-rising a few fahrenheit-when he fucking smiled a smile that drenched her panties wet. Her womb quivered, satisfied, approving of what her eyes are seeing. Her cheeks blushed pink, ashamed of herself for being affected by his charm.

"Sex?" he inquired with his breathtaking smile widening as if he already got a yes.

The inner muscles of her vagina clenched.

Before she actually get hypnotized to agree, she already broke their eye contact. "God, you're so fucking annoying."

"You're only annoyed because you're guilty of wanting to fuck me."

That was true. "Oh, how I want to punch you dead in the mouth."

"Do it," he dared.

She rolled her eyes and went on walking while their hands were still clasped. Once they got inside her old room, she took her hand back from him and flicked the main lights on. Then she scurried to her personal bathroom.

The water from the faucet splashed roughly on the sink as she washed her hands. She viciously lathered her palms with hand soap to distract herself from how it felt to hold hands with him. She also washed her face, even lightly slapping her cheeks to wake her senses, to summon her defenses. But it did not work. It was useless. The anger she has always saved for him bailed on her tonight. The collywobbles in her stomach remained.

A knock on the door of her bedroom was heard, followed by the voices of André and Samuel. She couldn't understand the exchanges of words with the loud flow of the water. She gripped the faucet handle shut and took large steps out of the bathroom to check on what her father needed but he was already gone. Left alone was André who held a bottle of wine in his right hand and two wine glasses on his other hand.

"A gift from your father," he said before she could even ask. "Shall we drink it before we sleep?"

Thinking she would need it tonight, she nodded.