X. BEAUTY AND RAGE (3/4)

• • •

"You look like you're in a bad mood," Kristina pointed out as soon as he came back to his office where he left her.

He couldn't find the right state of mind to answer. Hindi niya pa rin maialis sa isip niya ang bagong natuklasan tungkol sa kanyang asawa. Gayunpaman, hindi iyon sapat na dahilan para hindi niya ituloy ang napag-usapan nila kanina.

A crease that wouldn't go away was on his forehead when he dropped the black duffle bag on his office table.

"What's in the bag?"

"Toys," he sighed.

"What, like Hot Wheels and nerf guns?"

Instead of answering such a dumb question, he locked the door and sternly ordered her to stand up. She lazily got up from the sofa with a look that asked what now?

"Our playtime will begin," he said leaning on the table with his arms crossed around his chest. "First things first, what's your safeword?"

"Are you gonna hurt me again now?"

He was seriously getting tired of arguing with her about that so he just brushed it off. "Maybe. I don't know your pain threshold yet so I'm about to find out."

"So are you gonna hurt me again later?"

"Safeword."

"Because a simple 'no' obviously won't stop you." She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "I don't have one yet."

"Think of a word that is synonymous to 'no' for you."

"Hmm. Like the month that we were supposed to get married on a decade ago?" she taunted, sneering with revulsion. "August."

She would spite him in any fucking way she could, wouldn't she?

That one hit close to home.

He never thought one word can stimulate sharp acid in the pits of his stomach.

He never thought that one word can put a sour taste on his tongue.

He wanted to wring the mean bitch's neck, yet, he only hid the emotion he felt at that moment behind a stoic face because dealing with all their unsettled disputes, he realized that her anger shouldn't be reciprocated with anger.

"Let me lay out the rules of our little game," he started, sounding authoritative. "First rule, you are not to speak unless given permission or asked a question. Questions during play are allowed but, second rule, you must always address me as your sir. And last rule, you cannot touch me. You are to keep your hands to yourself but that doesn't mean you can touch yourself when you want an orgasm."

"What happens if I break the rules?"

"You'll get a spank for each and every time you break a rule," he explained. "Just three easy to follow rules and a light punishment, Darling, since this is our first time to do something like this and I assume that you have never done this before with anyone else or have you?"

"No. I haven't."

It was a relief to hear that she hasn't done something like it before with another man, someone like Korbin, or else he would have lost his wits right there.

His eyes followed when Kristina brushed her hair backwards with her palm. He also saw her moisten her lower lip with her tongue. She's nervous. She should be. But she really has nothing to be worried about because he would never do anything that would remotely be meant to harm her.

"Walk to me," he instructed then made her halt a few feet before him. "Stay there."

She slowly blinked her eyes. Parted her lips a little. Closed it. Parted it. Closed it again.