XIII. AGGRESSIVE (5/5)

* * *

They were driving their way to the place she said they will be meeting Korbin and Klaus. She lied about it, however. There was no way in hell she would allow André to see her son. Naroon pa rin ang malalim na sugat sa puso niya dahil ginusto ni André na ipalaglag ang anak nila noon. Kahit medyo lumambot na ang puso niya para sa lalaki, hinding-hindi pa rin niya makakalimutan at mapapatawad ang ginawa nito sa kanya. He doesn't even deserve to know Klaus's name, much more see him.

"I'm hungry," she lied. Gusto lang niyang pahintuin nito ang sasakyan dahil gagawin na niya ang plano niyang pagtakas

"But we just ate breakfast."

She pouted. "And I'm hungry again. Are you gonna starve me?"

"Of course not," he laughed and searched for a place where he can park the car.

Magkahawak ang mga kamay nila habang binabaybay nila ang mga bangketa sa Del Rina para maghanap ng kakainan.

Hinintuan niya ang pwesto ng nagbebenta ng ihaw-ihaw roon.

"Dito na lang tayo kumain," sabi niya. The place was out in the open and she was thinking that after they have seated, she can just make an excuse for her to stand up and slyly leave André.

But André said no. "Let's find another place to eat," he said. "Masyadong exposed sa alikabok ang mga tinitinda nila. Baka saktan ka pa ng tiyan."

How protective of him. Hindi na siya nakapagprotesta nang hilahin na siya nito palayo. There was a nearby convenience store and that was where he took her.

Kunwari ay nagtitingin-tingin siya ng mga pagkain sa snack stands pero nag-iisip na siya kung paano tatakasan si André. It should be easy. Besides, she did what she did in the library last week to make him let his guard down. To make him think she was into him so he would trust her not to do what she was about to do. The fucking moron fell into her trap, it seemed. Because he went alone with her without his bodyguards.

Debil. Dumbass.

She grabbed a few snacks and drinks for both of them. André paid for those food items then he followed her to the table she chose. Malayo sa tanaw ang entrance ng convenience store sa puwestong iyon at natatabingan pa iyon ng mga selled products stands kaya iyon ang pinili niya.

She ate and drink. Then after a while, she said, "I want ice cream."

"You have quite the appetite today."

Faking a laugh, she extended an open hand to him. "Give me your wallet. I'll buy a cone."

The unsuspecting André gave her what she asked for. She walked to the cashier and as she did, she watched him watch her back in the concave mirror hanging on one corner of the store. When he looked down to check his phone, that was when she turned her steps to the door. The store doorbell rang and it caught André's attention.

Nagtama pa ang mga mata nila bago siya mabilis na tumakbo palabas.

"Kristina!"

She ran and didn't look back. She ran as fast as she could. Para siyang nakikipagpatintero sa mga taong nakakasalubong niya. She was careful enough not to get bumped and slowed down by anything or anyone. He was running after her and he was shouting her name. She could tell he was getting closer to her by the close sound of his voice.

Proklyatyy! Goddamn it!

Humahangos na tumawid siya sa kabilang kalsada at muntikan pa siyang mabundol ng isang sasakyan pero hindi na niya iyon inintindi. Pagkatapos ay pumara siya ng taxi at dali-daling sumakay. André caught to her but she quickly locked the car door when he tried to pull it open. Galit ang ekspresyon ng mukha nito saka nito marahas na hinampas ang bintanang salamin ng kotse.